Really strong urine odour?

leanne1b

Reaction score
Hi,
So my little boy is three months today.
He's still got colic, is now on baby gaviscon, which seems to help stmach pains for reflux, but still screaming. Just realised that since he was a few weeks old (prob around when the screaming/crying started) the smell of his urine has been ridculously strong. It doesn't even smell of wee though, it's like... ammonia? I think? Like, as soon as he goes, I can smell it- without actually being that close to his nappy. He drinks enough - dribbles a lot, has lots of wet nappies, so it can't be dehydration?
He cries LOADS, like hysterically, but never had a temp... think highest its ever been is 37.3. Could the smell be an actual thing wrong with him? Could that cause the crying/pain/ whatever it is?
Am I meant to get this checked, or is it nothing and just funny smelling?
Sorry, and thanks
xx

Is he bottlefed? If he is does he have plenty of water? My dd was like this with the stinky wee but I gave her plenty of water and baby juice and it sorted it out xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey hon, what brand of nappies are you using? I found some brands (particularly pampers new baby nappies) made Lucy's wee smell really chemically. Perhaps try another brand?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back