Baby shaking head side to side

jayne

Reaction score
Hi
Nathan is just over 6 months old now but i am noticing that he is shaking his head side to side alot.
He used to do it just before bedtime and my sister said her little boy used to do that when he was tired.
But lately he is doing alot more, even when im trying to feed him, he stops it if i clap or make a loud noise but im getting worried if this is normal or not.
I dont think its an attention thing because he does it when he is sat in his chair and he doesnt think anyone is there.

Evie does this too, has done from around 7 months. I was worried too when she first started doing it, it was almost like she was having a fit or something, but realised it wasn't cause she would stop if you talked to her or diverted her attention.

She mostly does it when she doesn't want anymore food :) or the latest is shes started 'dancing' (sooo cute :D ) which involves bouncing up and down and ends with some serious head shaking when she is really enjoying herself! She also does it in the course of playing during the day.

I suppose the only thing is to discount he doesn't have any ear problems as this could cause discomfort and result in him shaking his head, but I would think he would be crying with it as well if this was the case.

My LO does this too, he's 7 months. He seems to do it at night a bit. I put it fown to tiredness or teething. I did get his ears cecked though as I thought he may have had earache but his ears were clear. Sounds like it might just be a phase they go through about this age .

Mummy to another head shaker here too :rotfl: It's been a recent thing, but DS does it quite a lot and smiles whilst he's doing it bless him. Does look a bit odd though :rotfl:

akana did this too, i thought some thing war wrong with her too, there just little monkeys

Thanks girls, i was starting to panic abit.
He seems ok so i think he has just got into the habit of doing it.

Maybe get him checked out just to make sure that he hasn't got an ear infection. Jake shakes his head from side to side sometimes though so it could just be something that Nathan likes doing.

My month old does that.. he does it with his mouth wide open when he's hungry :lol:

I heard today that this is something to do with teething?

That would tie in with DS, he's recently got his first 4 teeth :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back