Advice please - work at 34 weeks.

bethanyann

Reaction score
Hiya!

Some of you may know that i'm a self employed wedding photographer. I've just had an enquiery from a lovely lady, asking if I can photograph her wedding at the end of October.

I had said when I got pregnant that I would take bookings until the end of September for weddings, and not go any later, but now that I've had this enquiry, I'm in a huge dilema as to what to do.

I don't want to accept the job, then have my waters break early, or have *heaven forbid* some kind of problem that puts me on bed rest or something, and leave the poor lady with out a wedding photographer...but at the same time, the money would be SO helpful just before bub is born, and i HATE turning weddings down.

I'll be about 34 weeks pregnant at the time, so I just wondered if any of you had any advice for me as to what I should do. It will be a 9am-8pm (aprox) day and i'll be mainly on my feet, but I do have a second photographer to help out, though he is much less experienced than me.

If any of you have any advice/ideas, please please let me know because i'm absolutely torn!!!!!

xxxx

I think it will totally be down to how you feel!! I'm nearly 31wks and touch wood i have had a good pregnancy and am planning to work until 38 weeks!!

COuld you not take a seat with you or direct your seconder to do most of it under your guidance?

Do you know any other self employed photographers you could have as back-up (with the brides agreement) just in case you couldn't do it for some reason?

As Jenni said, do you know another photographer who could step in if you were to go early? That way she wouldn't be let down if it did happen. x

I think it will totally be down to how you feel!! I'm nearly 31wks and touch wood i have had a good pregnancy and am planning to work until 38 weeks!!

COuld you not take a seat with you or direct your seconder to do most of it under your guidance?
Same as this for me ^^^ also planning to work up until 38 weeks:shock:

Thanks girls. I know a lot of people work very late in their pregnancys, and if i was in a different job, i would too as I hate just sitting around. My main worry is more that it's somebodys wedding - if something happened and I couldn't go, the poor lady would be left without a photographer. Having recently got married myself, I can't imagine how upset I would have been if that had happened to me!

Asking another photographer if they could step in is a good idea. I know a few photographers, but none of them have done weddings before, so I'd have to see if they would be comfortable, and if the bride would mind the fact they've never done it before!!

Thanks for the advice, I will have a little think on it all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back