Flying at 34 weeks?? Would you?

maybe baby

Reaction score
Hi girls! :)

Hope you're all well,

I'm planning to traval to Portugal to a friends wedding at 34 weeks, have any of you flown in tri 3 and would you consider it at 34 weeks?

Am I crazy? :)

Xx

How long is the flight? A couple of hours? Personally I wouldn't do it but that's just me - 30 weeks would be my cut off but that's only because 34 weeks is pretty close to term and I'd want to be at home if I did go into labour. Also the heat would make me really grumpy, Plus I can't sit for long without getting uncomfy - although you could walk around plenty on the flight. You know your body the best and how you'd cope xx

Have you checked your even allowed to fly that far on? I know some have rules that you cant after a set date

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

im 34 weeks now and i wouldnt as its about being comfy for me. I get so hot and legs hurt bum hurts. But if it wasnt for that and it was only a weekend trip i would i guess you have to think what if for some reason you did go into labour would you be okay having the baby abroad.

I wouldn't personally, but only because I read the book 'Air Babylon' and why they don't let stewardesses fly when they're pregnant. It scared me!! I guess it's down to the individual though and if you feel comfortable and happy, go for it!

Thanks for the replies girls. My doc has said it's fine should I have no complications, in which case I wouldn't go for sure.

The flight is only 2.5 hrs and Im ok with the heat.

I wouldn't want to give birth abroad my midwife is my friend and I'm looking forward to having her there, it will be a risk in that sense.

Xx

I defo wouldn't want to fly at any point during pregnancy. I'm not sure, but I don't think you can fly in 1st and 3rd tris??

The cabin pressure makes things condense/restrict doesn't it? Or does something funny to your insides anyway lol

Edit - ignore not flying in 3rd tri as just saw your last post where doc said it should be ok... *must read threads properly*

Last edited:
i am flying on the 19th may and i will be 29+6 days and ill be on a 4 hr flight i have to get a letter from my midwife/doctor to say that i am aloud to fly or the flight company can not let you on the plane after 27 weeks i think and i have to be flown back in to original destination by 34 weeks cannot fly with monarch after 34 weeks

Thanks kimmi, I'll chec and see how it goes for you, I'm going on the 28th may so I should get a feel for preggo flying but I'll only be 22 weeks.:)

Xx

I've just flown at 32 weeks and was fine- got let throughout speedy check in too ;0)
Had to get letter from GP but no one even asked for it.
As long as doc says is okay and is within airlines flying limit then I wouldn't worry about it xx

not sure if i would due to being unconfy but if you feel good then great x

I wouldn't but then I had my DD at 34+4. I had severe pre-eclampsia which only became apparent the day I had her so I'm not sure how much trust I would put on a dr saying I was okay to fly as things can change very quickly!

Having said this if this hadn't happened to me I would say go for it and I guess this could happen at any stage of pregnancy x

I'd be nervous, but as wifeywifey said, check with the airline that you don't need a certificate from your docs to say you are fit to fly. Most ask for one after 34 weeks. It would be awful to be at the checkin desk only to be turned away. Enjoy the sun, please can you bring it back :) .

I've just flown at 32 weeks and was fine- got let throughout speedy check in too ;0)
Had to get letter from GP but no one even asked for it.
As long as doc says is okay and is within airlines flying limit then I wouldn't worry about it xx

Sorry, should have read this first, Doh! Xx

A lot of airlines won't take you so check with their policy xx

hi, im due to fly to india at 29 weeks and return at 32 weeks. you went at a similar stage of the pregnancy, where did you go? was it far?? Who did you get insurance with?
thank you

I personally wouldn't And didn't, we cancelled our holiday to Cuba when I would have been 30 weeks, but it's how you feel yourself hun xx

I flew back from Jersey last weekend. You need to check with the airline as some wont let you fly past a certain gestation. I flew BA and they let people fly until 36 weeks with a dr's or midwives letter confirming that you are fit to fly.

To be honest bar a few panicked looks from the people sitting next to me and the air stewards no one even mentioned it. I even had to lift my heavy bag onto the check in with no one offering to help!

I wouldn't chance it. My friends went abroad in tri 1 and although it was nothing to do with the actual flying she lost the baby over there in Spain she said it was horrible at the hospital they couldn't speak English she had a translator that just about spoke English and it was just horrible. Which put my off going abroad at any point when pregnant just incase I had to visit the hospital for any reason. And I know there is actually a cut of point were you can't fly any more so u need to check with what ever airline your with before you fly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back