Advice please - what next? UPDATE 2 - BACK HOME with BABY!!!

Yay how exciting Neev :cheer: (And if you give birth today, my prediction will be right :cheer: )

Best of luck :hug: I'm sure things will go fine and you'll be out and updating us in person :D

Oooh I'm so excited for you :hug:

Sounds really positive. I had the jelly like show 2 days before I was induced and my real show didn't appear until I was about 8cm dilated (I'm guessing!) Waters didn't break until I pushed baby out so as far as what to expect next... I DON'T KNOW!

I would eat some carbs although nothing too sweet and sickly- I regretted eating some chocolate raisins as they made me feel sick when my labour got going- get some rest but try to keep moving- bounce on a birthing ball if you've got one or go for a walk around- get baby descending nice and low!

Good luck- get OH standing by to rub the base of your back during contractions- it magically takes the pain away (for some people!)

Good luck Neev!! :cheer: I really hope this is it for you hun!! :pray: xx

Sounds really promising chick! With both my labours the bloody show was the very first sign of something happening. With my first, I started contracting mildly almost immediately after I lost it and had my son about 10 hours later, and then with my second I lost my show during a bout of strong BH and went into labour the following day. Good luck hun, hope its your time :pray: :hug:

TBH I'd sit tight and wait and see what else happens. It might be a fair wait till things get going.

If you start having contractions with irregular times between them etc then its not labour proper and you could go on like this for days. I had a bloody show and 2 days of latent labour before labour proper began. I just got on with life and carried on as normal. Phoned MW second day of them and had some advice from her but didn't trouble her otherwise. She said to call her back if and when they became regular and closer together and stuck around. Or if my waters broke. Bay was still moving well through all this :)

As it was they started sticking and being regular times apart consistently from around 6pm one evening. Phoned MW at 8.30pm and they were 2-3 minutes apart. She came out then :) had I been going to hospital thats when I would have left to go in. As it was I was having a homebirth.

I'd keep gently mobile as much as possible, rest well and eat some good meals. You may need your energy soon so make sure you eat some carbs.

Thanks girls...I feel a lot more prepared now knowing what can happen. We went for a walk around shops because it was raining so parks was out of question. Long drive afterwards, just checking out how I felt. Must admit no contraction pains yet, just back pain. Have had some high carb dinner.

Havent spoken to MW yet but will see how tomorrow goes - if I am still here! Hoping to be on the road driving to the hossy at 5am..thats DH's insight into the future...should see him, he is sitting in front of me looking less at the tele and more at my face and I am like - WHAT?? :rotfl: :cheer: Poor thing, on high alert...

goodluck neev! hope you are holding your little one in your arms soon hun xxxx

Good luck Neev, hope your little boy arrives ssoon :hug:

Ohhhhh, hope everythings going ok, good luck babes.
xx :hug:

Good luck hun!! :cheer: Cant wait for the update!! :cheer:

Good luck :cheer: Looking forward to seeing your next update

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back