Advice please...sorry ranting.

Tiggy26

Reaction score
My boss at work has become unbearable to work with, to put it bluntly she is a bully! She makes nasty passing comments at me, expects me to do EVERYTHING around the office, gets me up & down like a yo yo, patranises me e.t.c e.t.c, its now got to the point where my tummy cherns thinking about going into work to face her :cry:

She told me yesturday that becuase of my absence (due to all the bleeding ive had) that HR have called her requesting my MATB1 form and to also advise that they will be asking me to take maternity from 11 weeks before baby is due (i wasnt going to start mat untill end of feb) i checked up on this and i have been told that my company can ask/tell you to take maternity when they feel nesessary.

Getting to the point.....after being told this i called my OH and told him what my boss had just said (he is also aware of how she treats me at work) and we both thought it only leave 7 weeks before they want me to start mat leave, so....why the hell should i come into work, get treated like poo, reduced to tears and phsically worn out due to having a work load of 3 full timers given to me to deal with on my own :evil:

so i called my doctor and explained what was happening at work, she was disgusted and said to me that all this stress was not doing me or lil baby any good! and becuse ive had bleeding on and off during pregnancy so far i should be taking things extra easy, she decided to sign me off work for 2 weeks and also said that depending on how i feel she may see me every 2 weeks and keep me signed off untill mat leave starts.

I am happy with this as it means i wont be in tears every day due to the way she is treating me and the time off is fully paid. But my biggest question of all is.....will this affect my maternity pay? Can they refuse to pay mat pay if my doctor signs me off untill mat leave? and what other consequenses may i be facing?

Really sorry for the rant :roll:

T xx

:hug:

It won't affect your stat mat pay if that is what you are getting I don't think but it would if you were getting more than that.

Someone else will be able to help you more but I didn't want to read and run.

:hug: :hug:

Sounds like a real nasty place to work. Can't advise you myself as it all confuses me but I thought I'd just give you some :hug: :hug: :hug:

My SIL was signed off due to stress as her boss was awful too, she still got her maternity pay. Hope you feel better.

My boss is being a pain because I have said that I won't be coming back after the birth, why can't they just be happy about it?????

Hey Tiggy,

Sorry to read about that. What a cow your boss is! What is wrong with these people. It's horrible that they make what should be a nice, exciting time for you a miserable one.

I'm glad that your doctor is no nice and that you're being signed off. Good on her!

I don't know about the pay side of things but hope you start to feel better and that you can enjoy your time off xxx

I think your employer can ask you to start maternity leave 4-6 weeks before your due date - if you have been off with pregnancy related sickness. It seems harsh your company can start it early - is it in your contract?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Wor ... G_10029285

There is lots of information on this website - Being signed off sick wont affect your maternity pay! Your company sounds terrible!

Make the most of being off and really take it easy and de stress!

:hug: :hug:

your boss sounds horrendous, you poor thing... :hug: :hug:

not really got any practical advice, but hope it all gets sorted out xx

Your boss is LYING to you. The days you are currently having off sick cannot affect your maternity leave. If, however, after 36 weeks, you go off sick for a pregnancy-related reason, they can demand you start your maternity leave early (and yes they do have the right to do that).

I would suggest you contact your union if you have one, and the DWP if you don't, and get your entitlements in writing. Then tell your boss to shove it up her proverbial.

Source: Department for Work and Pensions

The start of your SMP will change if:

your baby is born before the start of the 11th week or before the start of your SMP pay period. If this happens SMP will start from the day following the birth of your baby
you are absent from work because of your pregnancy at the start of or in the 4 weeks before your baby is due, SMP will start from the day following the first complete day you are off work because of your pregnancy related reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back