Advice on AF

mistyblue

Reaction score
Hi all,

A bit worried that AF has not yet shown up nearly 6 weeks after mc.

I mc'd at almost 12 weeks. I bled for 8 days and had a little bit of spotting for 2 days after that. Since then, no bleeding. I was told this was normal.

Two weeks later I did a HPT. It was negative, which I assumed was good. I have done another since, also negative.

For the last week or so I have had AF cramps and other typical AF symptoms (weepy, sore boobs etc) but they come and go. I had some yellow discharge for a few days (not foul smelling or itchy, so not too concerned), but this seems to have stopped now. I don't feel unwell or anything, just want AF to make an appearance so I feel a bit more normal. I have PCOS, but unlike most women with PCOS, I had AF every month, although I only started ovulating in Feb this year.

I don't expect AF to be normal at the moment, and I know it can take a while to return, especially if you lose later, but should I see my GP? Sometimes the cramps are like normal AF pains, but sometimes they feel more like more general stomach pains. I am just worried in case she doesn't come back! Never thought I'd say that. I know stressing won't help, but it was a surprise to everyone (inc my GP and gynae) that I got pregnant without help in the first place and just concerned in case things are knackered up long term again.

Sorry for the essay. Has anyone else had this? x x x

After my mc at just over 13 weeks I got AF just over 5 weeks later. Everybody is different though and you may get yours a bit later. Give it another week or so and if still nothing, see your GP xx

Thanks for the advice, scn. AF has made her appearance today. Feel strangely relieved and sad at the same time, but glad hormones seem to be on the mend x x x

It's a mixture of emotions when that first AF turns up eh? I can totally relate to how you're feeling :hugs:

Thanks hun. Relieved more than anything, I think. Just hoping it's not too bad. Trying to look to the future when we can ttc again x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back