• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice on a sensitive issue.....

twinmummy2be

Reaction score
Hi,

My brother-in-law is sadly dying from an incurable cancer :cry: :cry: . I am very close to my sister and also think the world of him. They were both marvellous with me when I lost my first baby. Sadly we do not expect him to be here to see my babies when they arrive.

So I have been thinking a lot over the last few days that if either one of "cheese and pickle" is a boy, it might be nice to use his name for the babies middle name.

Does anyone think this is a nice idea. I guess I'm just worried that it might seem a bit insenstive to mention it now, and whether it might be a constant reminder of a very sad time later on. Might not be explaining my thoughts too well here!

Sorry to touch on a such a sad subject but it's good to talk to people not too close to the situation. .....

I think it's a lovely idea, or even if you have two girls, is it a name where you could take on a female form?

I think it is something that would be touching to him and to your sister, a real way to show that you care and won't forget even if you just phrase it as naming it after their favourite uncle :D

My mum passed away of the same sort of illness a while back and had we had a girl this time, she was going to have one of my moms names as a middle name.

Big hugs to you all during this diificult time :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My OH's brother was named after his uncle who killed himself. He doesnt think of it as a bad thing he likes being named after him as he was a very lovely man.
I think its a great idea honey and if you tell your brother-in law he may appreciate it so much! And if he doesnt like the idea then you know not to use it.
Im so sorry about your brother-in-law honey :hug: :hug:

So sorry to hear your sad news. I think its a lovely idea. We will be using my friend name who was killed earlier this year as a middle name. Martine for a girls middle or Martin for a boys middle. :hug:

So sorry to hear your sad news. :hug:

I think giving one of your babys his name as a middle name is a lovely idea. As far as telling him goes I would try and talk to him about it privately and see how he feels about it. I'm sure he will think its really nice, but probably best to do it away from other people who might get upset about it.

I think it's a truly lovely idea and I'm sure your sister and brother-in-law will be deeply touched by the sentiment behind it.

:hug:

LBxx

i think it is a lovely idea but i would just check with your sister to make sure she doesnt mind as it might be a painful reminder.

I think it's a lovely idea. My partner's brother was killed in Iraq in May this year and we conceived our little one two months later - we have just found out it's a boy so we will be giving him his uncle's name as his middle name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back