advice needed

meggymum

Reaction score
Hi ladies I need help with my little boy. He is acting very strange and I guess its because I am about to have his little brother. All throughout the pregnancy I have tried to involve him and explain about my growing tummy. He has been so sweet giving cuddles to bump and I have tried to keep his routine the same so he knows he is still loved and not being replaced. He was also very good at bedtime and only cried when something was wrong. But last couple of days he has changed become very clingy and when I put him to bed he just cries as soon as I leave. If I leave him to cry he makes himself sick. I had to hold him in my bed with me until he fell asleep which I obviously don't want to do on a regular basis. I hate getting angry with him but I am really struggling with what to do. I want to be fair with him and not make him think I dont love him anymore but I dont know what to do. Any advice would be great thank u.

Xx

Hello

We had the same problem with my daughter, although she started being like that earlier on in my pregnancy. Although you do need to be firm, you also need to keep in mind that your son has had you all to himslef and it is a big adjustment for him. When baby is born, involve him as much as possible like get him to pass you the wipes and nappy when changing, involve him in bath time etc. It will take a good few months for him to settle down, its only in the couple of months that our daughter has settled down again. Its hard work, but once baby starts becoming mobile and babbling, they will be the best of friends (which makes things easier) and its the most heart warming sight ever seeing your children adoring each other. Just take it as it comes and good luck! X

I don't really have any advice just my sympathy as our Lo is doing similar but not when she goes down she just won't resettle easily overnight - hence why I'm writing this at 4am. She's been up crying unless she's being held which my oh has been since 2am. I think part of it os panic that this could be s New routine for them which chills my heart that I'll never cope if the 2 of them are awake! So sorry not much help but I feel your pain LOL

Thank u ladies its good to know im not alone :) x

Oh goodness, my ds has been terrible over the last few weeks and that's without another on the way. We used to put him down at night and that was him, now we have to sit in his room and he'll wake in the night and not settle so we've taken to sleeping in his room so we can get some sort of sleep. I've no advice just that we've been wracking our brains to know what is going on with him and figured its a big combination of lots of things. I'd love to hear any suggestions too.

I totally know where you are coming from with this. My little boy is 18 months and I just had his little sister just over a week ago. Its been tough, he use to sleep through the nights no problems but has started waking and just crying. In the first few days he would just look at me when holding Grace and really sob, it was heartbreaking and I'd end up sitting in tears too! My biggest problem is he is just too young to understand that he can't have my attention 24/7. I am trying to keep his routine the same but obviously at the moment we are not getting out and about and he really loves that. I'm hoping it will get easier as time passes, he already seems a lot happier. Sorry I can't offer too much advice but good luck with the birth of your little one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back