Advice Needed!

Vicki83

Reaction score
Right, looking for a wee bit of advice.

To cut a long story short, we are currently in a private let, 2 bedrooms @ £450 every 4 weeks. Our lease isn't up until 16th May, but we have found a lovely 4 bedroom house, garage etc for an extra £35 every 4 weeks and to be honest we don't wanna let it get away.

Is there any way round getting out of our lease early or are we stuck here? I think I know the answer but just incase there's ANY way as a 4 bed would be soooo much better with the LO on the way so both kids had a bedroom each :pray: :think:

chickadee1976 said:
Short answer not really , but speak to your landlord they may be sympathetic to you, and in the current climate they may get a new tennant relativley quick
WSS

Sorry to say it hun but I think they would probably say no unless you could carry on paying them rent until your tenancy officially ends but that on top of a deposit, months rent in advance, moving costs and the rent on the new house would be VERY expensive!
Hope you find a way to get your house though hun, I'm sorry I couldn't be much help :hug: :hug:

not sure tbh, try speaking to your landlord....good luck :hug: :hug:

I work for a letting agent and our policy is that if someone wants to leave early they can providing they pay the rent until the day the new tenant moves in, and any re-letting costs incurred by the landlord for re-advertising etc. You could offer this and see what they say. Hope it works out x

they probs wont give you your deposit back like but they may do it if you use the baby card :hug:

I would just try asking the landlord. He might have people waiting for that type of property.. Fingers crossed for you.

Are you leaving sunny

Last edited:
Most landlords are happy to let you go when you want so long as you can find someone to cover your lease.
At least that's how it works here.. all the best hon!

Katie
xx

Thanks girls, I'll speak to the landlord and see what they have to say although I'm not gonna hold my breath, and there's no way we could afford rent on 2 houses plus a deposit etc, trust this to happen 6 weeks before I'm due! :lol:

Laura it's still in Saltcoats, just a bit further away from the MIL though hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back