Advice needed plz mummies

brand new

Reaction score
Hi ladies. My 13 week old is now more awake during the day and I was wondering what u ladies do to entertain ur LO's? I'm a first time mummy and learning all the time so just need some ideas as to what I can do. We go for a walk every day near the river or down to a local park, but what else can I do? Any help is appreciated xxx

We usually do two hours spread throughout the day of nursery rhymes with actions he loves it!

He's got his play mat and his little car he sits in.

Go for walks and go visiting

Sometimes I just stick him in his bumbo and he watches me while I do housework

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Ruby's quite happen led on the floor with a couple of toys kicking about, we also sing songs, go for walks, she has a play mat she loves, bouncy chair which plays music which she's normally in if shes awake and i need the loo or a coffee! if the weathers nice I pop her in her pram in the back garden and talk to her while I do housework, between all of that and naps/feeds etc the days pretty full tbh!

I used to do sensory things at that age such as blow bubbles in front of them. Or sitting in front of a mirror with him and talking to him.
I used to stroke different kinds of fabrics on his face to get him used to fabrics.
You can show them fruit too, let them smell it and tell them what it is, but only quickly as their sense of smell is very acute at that age.

Play peekaboo too xx

My son has a gym that he'll play on. He also has his play mat that he's happy to lie on with some toys and I'll also sing songs or read to him while he's on there. He has a bouncer he's happy to sit in while I potter about in the kitchen or eat. He loves simple things too like being carried round the house while I chat or sing to him and lying on our bed or his mat and having cuddles and tickles! He was happy as anything the other night sitting on my OH's knee waving an empty crisp packet about! I take him out for a walk every morning which he usually naps on and we'll go out in the afternoon if I want to go shopping or visiting or to any classes.

Oh meant to say we do tummy time as well, though it usually lasts five seconds and I spend the next 20 mins carrying him around to calm him down!!

I used to do sensory things at that age such as blow bubbles in front of them. Or sitting in front of a mirror with him and talking to him.
I used to stroke different kinds of fabrics on his face to get him used to fabrics.
You can show them fruit too, let them smell it and tell them what it is, but only quickly as their sense of smell is very acute at that age.

Play peekaboo too xx

My wee man loves mirrors! Although he always looks confused, like why are there two of mummy??!!!

Play peekaboo too xx

My wee man loves mirrors! Although he always looks confused, like why are there two of mummy??!!!

yep! my lo seems to forget I'm holding her and talks to the mirror me!

Thank ladies that's some great ideas. I sometimes feel I'm not stimulating him enough. I play with him using his Lamaze toys and be just stares and stares. I've also started putting colorful cartoons on whilst he is in his chair. I know tv isn't the best form of stimulation but he seems to love the colors and it seems to mesmerize him!! Bad mummy I am xx

Thank ladies that's some great ideas. I sometimes feel I'm not stimulating him enough. I play with him using his Lamaze toys and be just stares and stares. I've also started putting colorful cartoons on whilst he is in his chair. I know tv isn't the best form of stimulation but he seems to love the colors and it seems to mesmerize him!! Bad mummy I am xx

Have you tried letting him play on his own? If I sit on the floor and play with my son he usually just watches me, but if I sit up on the sofa and watch him he will pick things up, chew them and kick them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back