• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

advice needed please

mummy2b19

Reaction score
alex officially has caught my cold she is all snotty and keeps coughing and sneezing and is very hot to touch. shes 2 months old so OH tried to give her some calpol which she spat out. she had nearly 10oz more today than normal so is still eating enough. i only have a crappy thermometer which says her temp is 36.9 but i really dont think its very accurate as i was tring to keep it under her tounge which was difficilt to say the least. the nearest shop open now is 30 min drive minimum should i go get her some nasle spray or do u think she will be ok till tomorro shes being very very whingy which is very unlike her please domeone advice me i feel so guilty for giving it to her xx

I'm not very clued up on what to do. Think an experienced mummy needs to reply but you could always call nhs24 / direct for advice chick. Hope she's better soon xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd phone nhs direct Hun like olive said.
As far as I am aware the spray is to clear congestion, try a steamy bathroom I've seen ladies in here use that technique hope you both feel better soon x

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try the thermometer under her arm instead of under her tongue, if it's high try the calpol again.

I'd also invest in an ear thermometer, they're brilliant!

Last edited:
Try a steamy bathroom. raise her crib up head end to help with breathing. If you use the thermometer under her arm, remember to add a degree to it to give accurate temp. Have you got a syringe to give the calpol? If you have try squirting it into the back of her cheek. she should swallow it then. Hope she feels better soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back