advice for taking baby food abroard please

rhian85

Reaction score
we ae of to spain next week as i have said in a previous thread :lol: only MIL told me not to take baby jars in the case as the pressure will pop the lids and can even freeze the contents ???? :think: :think: :think:

can any f u tell me if i can take jars in the case, will they be okay ? dont want popped jars/frozen food :shock:

help :wink:

I have been abroad twice taking jars of baby food with me..the last time being last week.. and have both times taken baby jars in my suitcase and had no problems at all!

Jars are fine in the suitcase, were not long home and although were not allowed them in hand luggage anything in the case was fine. I just bought a few jars in boots once we'd cleared security...they were allowed in my hand luggage! Took empty bottles through check-in etc too, filled them with ready mixed milk when we got through also.

i thought it was fine but OH'S parents are telling me that if they go in a case then they will begin to freeze durin the flight , meaning they thaw out quick too. they told me it could give him food poisiong especialy if the jars contain meat ??

help ?

Load of bollox, sweetie. Done it several times, it wont freeze - i promise ya and it wont pop. Pressure is different, but not that much. It might be the case if we were talking about a transatlantic flight, coz you fly much higher up, but I doubt it. I have been to UK several times and carried jars, no probs. On the other hand, if that were the case, everything you carry in the way of creams, toothpaste, etc. would freeze and it dont, do it?

Dont let yr in-laws freak ya, if you are worried about this, call the airline, and then you will have a deff answer, :hug:

Lisa

i took Hannah bottles made up and juice through passprt control they just mede me drink some of it but they were fine :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back