advice after mc please!!!!

can

Reaction score
HI was just wondering if anyone can help!! I had a mc 3 weeks ago now. Bit confused when am i supposed to get next period? We decided to start trying straight way but not sure if i have even ovulated yet? Trying to be patient (Im not very good at that!!!:eh:) Just wondered if any of you ladies tried again straight away or when your cycles returned?

I mc on 14th Nov, and I'm still waiting. The doc said it could be anything from 4-6 weeks til I have my next period.

I had af exactly 4 weeks after erpc. Was told it would be 4-6 weeks. We didn't try until after first af, which was for the best for us.

I would have thought it might make a difference if it was a natural miscarriage or if you had an erpc, also how far into the pregnancy you were.

I don't think there would be a definate answer, just a rough guide I guess.

Hope you get af soon :)

I was 7 weeks preg when i mc and passed it natually 3 weeks ago. So would i have ovulated yet? Im sooooo confused!!! Guess its just a case of wait and see!!!

hi i had mc on the 27th oct and had af on the 28th nov i had natural but had to have pills for last bit sorry for the tmi the sonographer told me to have 3 af first b4 trying again which is hard but think im going to try lose some weight first x

hope this has helped you x

Hiya

I had 12 week mc on Nov 5th then I ovulated 2 December, period due in about a week from now. In my case, after a mc my body reverts back to my original cycle, my period is always due around 14th of the month.

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope you're doing ok x

thanks for your post!! Guess ill just have to wait and see? Doc said i should get av 4-6weeks after, but is that 4-6weeks when i had the mc or when the bleeding fully stopped??

You're welcome :)
I think from when the mc started. My first AF was five weeks after the mc started and this one will be too, by the looks of it.
I tracked ovulation just so I could predict when it would happen (plus I'm a little bit obsessed with peeing on sticks :) ) xxx

Ps: my doc says there is no reason you can't try again after one cycle, whereas I had always thought it was 3. I had my first mc in June and got pregnant two months later so it can happen x

thanks hun, just getting av syptoms last couple days as well as being soooo tired, just thought it would be too early to get av already, stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago and me and hubby have been letting what happen happen. Sorry for your losses i cant believe how many women have gone though this. x x x

It's shockingly common. I didn't have a clue until it happened to me!
I was just saying that I don't reckon many people bother waiting the "one cycle" before trying again. I don't and didn't!
I think it helps us move on and focus.
I feel so strongly about how taboo miscarriage is, I'd love to do something to help other women but I can't think what! I think people are just left to deal with it on their own and it's a really big deal, it's the loss of a child you created and carried with you, no matter how early the loss. Once you know you're pregnant, you make plans. To have that taken away and then the physical process is a lot for anyone to go through. Yet somehow we are expected to just "get on with it" and don't dare talk about it as it makes people uncomfortable. It makes me mad :)
Anyway, I am rambling now! Best of luck for your next BFP, keep us posted! Xxx

Hi Can, Sorry for your loss. I had a D&C 7th Sep after MC at 8 weeks and AF came back pretty much 28 days to the day which would be my normal cycle. Waited until first AF on 7th Oct and then got BFP straight away again on 30th Oct. Unfortunately had 2nd MMC after scan in Thursday so had another D&C yesterday :( won't be waiting until AF this time so will start TTC again in a couple of weeks.

I naturally m/c (as you know) on the 7th - passed everything on the 9th, stopped bleeding on the 11th and my hpt returned to negative on the 15th- had scan to confirm all gone on 16th which it had. I started using opk as soon as my hpt were neg = I just ovulated on the 29th Nov and ttc straight away - although am now 9dpo and just don't feel preg so don't think we were successful this cycle.

are you using any ovulation tests etc - or just going with the flow?

hi i want 3, I guess you not out untill av shows??? i know its been a hard time for u, i mc around the same time and the only thing making me feel positve if trying again. Not doing any testing just trying to go with the flow and see what happens. Feeling so tired and achy really dont wana syptom spot as could be anything. hope u doing ok. x x x ill be hoping u get your bfp soon

That was the only thing keeping me positive too - was the hope of a new pregnancy - now that is gone I am back to feeling angry and sad about the one I lost all over again.

I hope you get a bfp soon too.

are you def out for this month? I know this is how i will be feeling if i havent concieved this month but guess its a long shot so close since mc. Guess we can just try engoy xmas and think new year new start

i want3. I know what u mean hun guess im going be feeling the same if i dont get bfp this month but i guess i wont be to surprised i knew it was a long shot ttc straight away!! It has def helped though so wouldnt have changed doing it. So are u def out or just a feeling? I didnt feel preg at all last time though didnt have any systoms at all was so surprised when it turned out i was (Mind you that was before i got crazy and started to syptom spot every second of every day) your not out till av shows hun if its a no then new year new start for us all

I miscarried on the 1st of march and had a bfp on 28th march, so would have ovulated 2 weeks after mc started so it can go back to normal straightaway xx

thanxs for this message it really made me smile and gave me hope!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back