Activities for a 9 month old

Minime

Reaction score
I'm looking for some kind of interaction group for Eefie where he'll meet other babies but one THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE SINGING!!!!

He's very energetic so I looked into gymbabes, they told me oh yes we do this then we sit in a circle and sing FFS!! I tried tiny talk, I nearly died and I didnt really fit in with the local NCS coffee groups (I'm quite anti social)

Any ideas on where I can take him where he can burn off some energy that doesn't involve me singing or attempting small talk with complete strangers?

I havent the foggiest idea, but I understand exactly what you mean about being expected to get all buddy buddy with a bunch of strangers, with whom all you have in common is time of birth of your kids. Wait, it gets better - PTA meetings are Super for this!!! :puke: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
As far a singing is concerned...NO WAY would they catch me!

Lisa

You could try waterbabies? You're not expected to talk to the other parents (unless you want to in the changing rooms or something) and it's really good fun. In a similar vein, you could try your local pool, they often do special parent & toddler sessions in the mornings.

(Spot the swimming teacher!)

We have mums and toddlers groups around by us where you just have a drink and the babies play with the toys in the centre of the room on the floor. I went to one and there was one mum just sat there who didn't make any conversation even if we tried to involve her. So there was just me and this one other lady actually talking. Which was a bit weird. But unsociable nonetheless :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: I know what you mean! I posted on Netmums to see if there were swimming lessons for babies around and about and got a reply from a lady who does Music with Mummy! Not my cup of tea at all! In fact, you know on Children in Need when they go to the local things, they had ours in Plymouth Aquarium and even had the Music with Mummy group singing! I asked my hubby whether he thought it was my cup of tea. The consensus was a resounding NO!

Have you looked at Net mums online? You go to your local area and there is a list of activities in the area under categories such as drama/music/languages etc.

Also, the people at Sure Start gave me a timetable of things to do in the town I live in - they're good to get involved with. They may be able to help you if you contact your local centre.

leckershell said:
We have mums and toddlers groups around by us where you just have a drink and the babies play with the toys in the centre of the room on the floor. I went to one and there was one mum just sat there who didn't make any conversation even if we tried to involve her. So there was just me and this one other lady actually talking. Which was a bit weird. But unsociable nonetheless :D

That sounds like me haha!

Ive been a member of netmums for ages and keep asking where all the local mums are, no response. One of the HV keeps trying to shove me into sure start, no disrespect (well ok just a little) but its in a deprived area which is what the government set it up for and with my previous employment thats not really a good idea.....! I also think that sitting in a room full of crying kids is not my idea of fun (It's most likely to be mine crying anyway!)

Ive been wanting to go to tadpoles for ages but we've both recently had norovirus then a cold now its chuffin freezin and I'm paranoid about him crapping in the pool. Ive got little swimmers and these other ones that are plastic I cant remember what they are! Is that all he wears?

Minime said:
Ive been wanting to go to tadpoles for ages but we've both recently had norovirus then a cold now its chuffin freezin and I'm paranoid about him crapping in the pool. Ive got little swimmers and these other ones that are plastic I cant remember what they are! Is that all he wears?

I take Austin swimming quite a lot, I usually put him in little swimmers with a pair of swimming shorts over the top. He's never pooed once in the pool but I'm sure if he did it would be fine. I always bring a spare swim nappy just in case so I can change him and get back in if needs be.

Do you have a indoor play centre type thing near you?

They're great to give baby a workout and you don't have to speak to anyone if you can't be bothered :lol:

Minime - you use a neoprene swim nappy over the top of the Huggies disposible swim nappy. Nothing is going to leak from them! I got mine from www.Splashabout.net

i have got to confess i love baby groups, i go with same mums and a group of 4 of us go out for coffee once a week and let the babies run riot while we drink coffee and cake. they are now really starting to take interest in eachother and almost play happily with or beside one another. we take turns going over eachothers houses so the kids get to play with eachothers toys and its great fun i have made great friends through luke and he has made friends for life i hope as they will all go to the same school.

as for activities at home luke could play peekaboo 24 hours a day!!

I am thinking about going to a baby signing group in jan no experience but i imagine any group where you can get lo's doing stuff is more bebficial

Dylan aslo does water babies but you have to start before yoour LO is one

but swimming is good to see other kids but don't have to become friends

cloud9 said:
I am thinking about going to a baby signing group in jan no experience but i imagine any group where you can get lo's doing stuff is more bebficial

Absolutely true but when I went they didnt explain a thing to me and just carried on with their normal session and walking round in circles on a mat singing songs I dont know, wasn't really what I expected. Some mums are really into that kind of thing whereas I can categorically say its not my cup of tea. Eefie would suit gymbabes and it looked good on tv *but* they told me they sit and sing songs....!
I'm a very very conservative person!

With DD we never went to any groups, I had my neice next door but one so they amused each other until they went to playgroup. With eefie he gets bored in the house so I think he's like swimming. I'll try him with the little swimmers and the kushies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back