Aching pain "down below" :( - Updated after MW ap

good luck in tri 3 guys and see u there in about 3weeks :)

ive posted already but last night in bed omg i had pain down there again and discomfort where baby is, think baby was just shifting around and got woken up this morning by my belly button hurting aswell. had a bad nights sleep lol

apart from that i got up early :(

MW was ok, better than the last one, at least this one appeared interested :roll:

BP is fine at 138/70. Baby's heartbeat was heard (didn't get to know how fast it was though) and she reckoned baby is breech still. Plenty of time for him to move about though. She also said she thought I was "carrying high" and had a "big baby there". :)

I told her all about the SPD. She said I should look on the internet for info. She mentioned the support belt and said it might help to buy one. She "could" refer me to a physio but that would take a few weeks and "they would only tell you what you can find out for yourself online". Not particularly helpful. Although she did show me a few example exercises - keeping knees together - which might help when getting out of the bath/car etc.

I'm back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward to the inevitable pain which will come after a day on/off my feet. :(

I hope your MW appointment goes well TopBird! :D

Enn - these restless nights are a nuisance I agree. I had an extra lay in this morning and a nap yesterday to try and compensate.

Hi

Glad your MW went better this time. Sorry there was no real solution to SPD problem, but it must be reassuring that it is a common problem.. Just take care of yourself and try not to worry too much, if you are late for work then sod em! and you can only do so much when you are there... I have even insisted that some one carries my chair to meetings for me as it is the only one I have found that is comfortable and the ones in the meeting room are awful. If you cannot be a complete diva when you are pregnant, when can you!!??

my midwife was OK too, was a different one from normal. Told me baby is an average size so far and is breached which may be why I have a few pains in my lower back etc... Also if I get any bleeding at all I have to go straight to hospital, do not pass go etc.. due to the low placenta thing. But if it does not move up they do a c-section at 38-39 weeks here so will not clash with my brothers wedding after all.

sorry to hear your still sufferin sabrina :hug:

think the midwife was right in sayin the physio will only really tell ya what ya read on here, the two i saw said the same scripted thing n just showed me how to keep my knees together n stuff when gettin out the car, n how to roll over in bed without it wakin me up with pain.

one of the things i found helped with the gettin in n out of the car was a carrier bag on the seat so you can just swivel round with your knees together, fine in this weather, i carried on usin this idea in the summer and ended up stuck to the carrier bag when gettin out the car :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:

hope it starts to improve when you have your support belt hun

Hi

Glad this appointment went better , hope you find some useful info on the net :hug:
Katrina

Thanks ladies. I'm gonna stick with the exercises and try not to do things which aggravate the SPD.

:hug:

I have been doing my pelvic floor exercises religiously last week (every 2 hours during the day - set a reminder on computer!) and went for a fairly long walk yesterday, and so far so good - no pain. Thanks for all the advice and the link to the exercises - seem to be working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back