Abigail 20.05.08

tots hope

Reaction score
I haven't been on the forum for a few months as I have had quite a few health issues and we weren't really sure what was happening. Anyway things now are back to noraml although we now have a beautiful baby girl born to us on the 20.05.08 at 10:37pm.

Here is a short version (or it might not be by the time I have finished!) of my birth story.
I had a midwife appointment on the tuesday morning and I was convinced I was coming dopwn with a bug. I had sickness and diahorra and was dreading the next 24 hours thinking I was coming down with something. For some reason I thought my waters had broken as I had a small amount of green discharge. I went to my midwife appointment as planned and my sister came with me. She checked me out and told me that the baby had opened its bowels and I was sent straight to the hospital. I was having small contractions but nothing more than what I had been experiencing over the last few days.

We got to the hospital about 3pm and I was examined and told I was already 3cm. Couldn't quite believe it as I had driven myself to the hospital and apart from my dodgy tummy I felt fine! Both myself and my abby were monitored and everything was progressing well. At 4pm I was taken down to the delivery suite where my hubby was waiting. Mum came over after work and she stayed with me the whole time massaging my back - best thing ever!

Things progressed nicely and at 10:30pm they told me that she would be here by midnight. 2 minutes later I felt the suddern urge to push and at 10:37 Abigail was born! It all happened so quickly!

They said I had done very well as she was a big baby at 9lbs 2oz and 56cm long. We had to stay in hospital till the friday as she wasn't feeding too well but we are back home now and all the pain has been forgotten. Unfortunatley I had a 2nd degree tear and had to be stitched quite a lot.

If anyone asks if i would do it again the answer is yes! She is a beautiful and we are so in love with her.

I hope to catch up with everyone over the next few weeks!

:wave: and congratulations on the birth of your little girl :hug: so glad to hear all is well xxx

wow, she was long wasnt she!!!

congratulations -glad everything is going so well for you now!!

:wave: Hi hun.
Congratulations on the birth of your little girl.
:cheer:

Congratulations!!

Wow! I hope my labour goes like that! :shock: :cheer:

I bet you are thrilled :D Congrats again on your little girl :hug: xx

:cheer: Congratulations Tots Hope :cheer: and hello to Abigail :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members