aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

MMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!

I am not quite house bound yet. i finish work next tuesday so i am looking forward to that.

I am in sooooo much pain but have plodded on, just because i have had to. i don't get paid sick so have struggled into work everyday cos i cant afford not to and have a 21 month old to look after. Not easy. :( :( . Work know my situation and not once have they trie to help or send me home!!

Family try their best but no one understands the pain unless you have had it yourself.

I am under physio for it and i have to put my right hip back into place everyday as it moves out of line, plus ALOT of pain in my groin area, i really struglle to walk somedays

BUT i feel sorry for you being house bound, you must be in agony!!
Feel free to PM me anytime

:D :D

5 weeks to go and have a job to walk most days cos of pelvis but midwife says its OK?????????????????

I have been off work since 27 weeks, maternity since 29 weeks and signed off 2 weeks before that for stress. It's a bore being at home and I am going mad. 5 weeks to go. Not quite housebound, but don;t spend long out if I can be bothered to go anywhere as I get too bloody tired. Also my sciatica kicked in today as well. Today I have non stop moaned too :)

Hope you feel bettter soon hun.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Why is it ok to be in pain?!!!
When i was pregnant with Amy i was fobbed off with "growing pains" and i had to really push to get an appointment with the physio, but with this one there is no mistake- it's definately SPD!! and the pain is alot worse.

My friend had sciatica, she was in agony with it.

Was the stress caused by work?

i've had enough of SPD also, all i did today was popped into town with my 2yr old in her buggy and my 5 yr old walking, we only been out for 15 min's and i was in too much pain and we had to head home. it's not fair on them as it's half term for my eldest and she's spent most of it inside playing or helping me with thing's i can't do. she's a star though and like's helping me with job's about the house but she's still only nearly 6 and I hate feeling like she's missing out at the moment; she understand's wot's wrong with mummy and that once the baby is born it'll get better (finger's crossed) but it's my job to look after her not the other way round. i'll have to get her a really good pressy for being such a good girl :D

Hi ya Amy's mum, the stress was caused by the ex who I worked with who funnily enough hangs about in Stockport trying to get his leg over all the time. Which is why I ended it as he can't be trusted (even at nearly 40). I had to leave so I couldn't stand working with him as he's not the nicest person and can't cope with the responsibility of me being pregnant. He'd rather be out getting drunk and being a tart - sorry I moan alot about this :)

The midwife just nodded and made out that it was normal about my pelvis but some days I can't walk with it. I will mention it again next week!

Em xxxxxxxxxx

I'm fed up to but feel that I am slightly luckier than you as am not too bad all the time, just when I get back from work or have been doing lots. Night time is the killer for me. When I have to go to the loo at night, which is pretty regularly, I can hardly walk and have to support my weight with the sink, bath etc.

Emma - a midwife said it was normal growing pains when I first satrted hurting but my regular midwife took one look at me and said SPD and got me referred to a physio. Sadly that wasn't great as I got a belt but she had never worked with a pregnant woman before and was not sure what to advise, just that if it hurt not to do it! Still I have my sexy support belt, not very helpful but it does give me a bit of support. Mmy midwife is also suggesting that I finish work earlier as I need the money, but have 3 weeks to go.

What are the problems in labour then if you have SPD. It's agony when I try to get out of bed in the night as well. Just wondered what complications happen if they don't do anything about it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it can stop you opening your legs, you will have to apeak to your midwife about different birth potitions that don't involve lying on your back with your legs open as it can split your pelvis with all the extra pressure on it as the baby comes through.

If your Midwife still isn't listening to you go and see your GP, cos if they don't recognise it in labour it could cause problems for you.

:D :D

OOooooooooooh bugger.

Thanks Jamhamster as well, I shall have a gander now.

xxxxxxxxx

oh dear god how awful!!! Was just in the middle of lunch - only the thought of a split pelvis could stop me eating I tell you :wink:

I'm at work with suspected SPD but waiting to see a physio. Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back