induceing labour urself!

pompy_helen

Reaction score
i am suffering bad from SPD, BACK PROBLEMS (3 SLIPPED DISCS,SPINAL CURVATURE), and CFS (CRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME (MILD ME)),

i tried:
hot curry
rl tablets
pineapple
ginger ale
ginger biscuits
pineapple juice
fresh juices
sex
hot baths
walks
(but i cant walk now, im house bound)

cant fink of owt else!

no matter what you try your baby wont come until your body is ready, then the things you tried help, you're still a bit early yet hun, i had mine at 35 weeks and she spent 12 days in special care baby unit having phototherapy and she also had a feeding tube as she wasn't strong enough to suck all her feeds, you need to give yourself at least until you are 37 weeks, it's the hardest thing ever being allowed home and leaving your baby there, i had loads of problems with pregnancy so i know how you're feeling but believe me i would have rather carried for acouple more weeks than go through what i did.
Mand x x

Just noticed your tickers one says 37 weeks ne says 35 weeks how far are you? if you're 37 ignore the above bubs will be fine :)

If you've tried all that then it must not be time yet. I don't think there's much else you can do really. I think those ways of "self-inducing" are just meant to give you a nudge when you're already progressing. Do you know if you're dilating or anything yet? I seriously wouldn't try inducing until 38-39 weeks, if then. I had my membranes stripped 3 times and I still had to be induced and my baby was born nearly 2 weeks past my due date!

whats owt else mean?
i heard that raspberries are supposed to induce labour, my child development teacher told me that years ago haha

the 37wks is by scan as baby was nearly 7lb at scan 33wks in sept, and 16th by dates, BUT this is where it gets confusing by my preg test and period i was actually due 11th oct but this hosp wont take into account i have small babies (smoker and drinker) adn 1 has been born at 32 wks with no probs!!
GET YA HEAD ROUND THAT TOOK ME AND DP WEEKS!!

i decided to try and induce labour myself - i tried ,walking- didnt work, fresh pineapple - didnt work, hot baths - didnt work, but then someone suggest cod liver oil , cant be tablet form - is truely disgusting but it worked the next day i was in labour, it works as it makes your stomach contract but it shouldnt be used before like last 2 weeks before end of preg!!!! hope it works for you

Be careful using cod liver oil to start you off, as it acts as a laxative for you and THE BABY, so you could end up with the baby passing meconium which is not good.
I was 8 days over due - tried sex, pineapple, acupuncture. and raspberry leaf tea. i think the tea did the trick but don't use it untill after 36 weeks.
my hubby was giving me two tea bags to a cup!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back