A Small Peanut Craving

ashley22

Reaction score
Help!

I am a small craving for dry roasted peanuts. I know I shouldn't but can't help it!

Any advice?

i didnt know you are not allowed peanuts! i just had a peanut butter sandwhich! lol

If you have a strong history of allergies in your family eg asthma, excema etc then peanuts should be avoided all together, if not then a few every so often should be ok.

I'm a veggie and my midwife said that in order to get enough protein I shouldn't eliminate them from my diet despite the warning. I've been eating quite a few cashew nuts myself- there's no violent nut allergy in either family so I'm just hoping for the best.... She said that although the government warning was just for peanuts they advised you staying away from all nuts!

+++

Im also a veggie, and my midwife said try to avoid peanuts only, as all other nuts should be fine, a lot of people dont know about trying to avoide peanuts when pregnant, so to be honest im sure that a few would not hurt!

Good luck
Natalie x

i wouldnt worry most women eat what they want and everythings fine, im sure its only peanuts you cant eat but you can eat almonds etc ???? not sure heard it somewhere

hi, i love all nuts and yesterday i ate a whole bag of cashews and am also addicted to peanut butter sandwiches!! i'm sure that baby will be ok as long as no allergies in the family!
love veronica
due date 30 october.

Since i found out i was prgnant, almost 4 months ago, all i have wanted is a bag of nuts, no matter what kind! i have always loved nuts, especially dry roasted, but at the end of the day if they pose any kind of risk, it isn't that much of a sacrifice really is it? and it's not for a lifetime is it? my fiance is alergic so it's a definate no-no for me! Some women can give up cigarettes, are peanuts even in the same league?!

i bet once we give birth the last thing we will want is nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back