late night trip to the hospital :(

Keira

Reaction score
last night at around 6 I started feeling really uncomfortable...by 11 I was in agony getting really bad stomach pains and I could hardly walk

so mum took me up to the out of hours and I was lying on the floor crying my eyes out

eventually saw the doctor he took a wee sample and measured my heartrate and temprature and said everything seemed normal...then he had a feel round my stomach and it was around my womb that was tender...next thing he sent me over to the labour ward to see a midwife...

she also took a wee sample and asked if I had experience any bleeding which I hadnt but I was in obvious pain...so next she tried listening to the babies heartbeat but she couldnt seem to find it...so she went out for 10 mins then another midwife came in and tried to find the babies heartrate and eventually she did then she sent in another midwife to ask questions and she said she couldnt understand why I was in so much pain...after a while the pains started to ease so they said I could go home but with no explination of why it had all happened and they just told me to come back if it happened again

This morning I still felt slightly uncomfortable but not half as bad, now I feel fine just a bit curious as to why I was so bad last night

It didnt half give me a fright though :(

You poor thing, that sounds so scary! :shock:

I'd have been cacking myself when they couldn't trace the heartbeat!

Am glad everythings ok and you're feeling better now. Make sure you take it easy over the next few days :hug:

poor u :(

hope ur feeling better today, try and relax and put ur feet up :D

It now how you feel hun, I was the same when I had that unexpected bleed a few weeks ago....its the not knowing what caused it thats worrying!!

But rest assured if you have been let out then im sure all is fine, lets hope it doesnt happen again and it was just a one off.

:hug:

I had something really similar to this only to find out it was the start of irritable bowel syndrome it is absolute agony and you cant move. The only thing i found that helped if it happens again is at the first twinge take a couple of paracetamol and have a hot water bottle on your tum xxx

what a scare you had, horrible i really hope you are feeling better today and everything is ok xx :hug:

aww that must have been soo scary hunny

hope ur feeling loads better

:hug:

awwwww I am so pleased you are OK hun, that must have been so scary :hug: xx

:hug: Oh hunny, you must of been terrified, hope you are feeling better now, and take it easy xxxxxxxxx

I havent had any pains since so fingers crossed it was just a one off and nothing to worry about :pray:

Just had a scare like that myself. Had slight cramps on Sat and they continued to get worse over the weekend, finally they got so bad last night i was having cramps every 10 mins! I went to the docs this morning and he sent me to the delivery suite to get the baby's heart rate assesed, eventually they sent me home and said to rest for a few days. I'm glad that the baby is doing fine but the cramps were so painful i still feel slightly concerned. By the sounds of things this could actually be quite a common thing - how horrible! Honestly though guys i was in agony last night, i really hope the pains aren't worse than that when in labour!!!!!!!!

Been getting occassional strong cramps too but nothing how you have explained :shock: Oh hope your feeling a lot better :hug:

Thought i was but just had another bad one, might just go and try to have a little sleep. Don't think LO's getting much rest either, probably wondering what the hells going on in there!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back