a pf petition who wants a buy/sell section

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hey everyone.

im a member of a few forums and most seem to have a buying selling area so wanted to put it to the mods that we want one for buying and selling and even swapping items aiding recycling and helping out friends who need baby things and mummy things.

clearly pf would hold no responsibility and you buy and sell at your own risk. etc.

please express your ideas

I think its a great idea, especially for baby clothes and such things! Its such an expensive time anyway, it would be great to be able to help each other out with 2nd hand stuff!

Yep I think it's a good idea, I have loads of baby stuff that I always think of giving away but not sure who too :)

i dont think so.. pf would be used to advertise then paypal etc used to pay then maybe feed back section to say if you were pleased with the stuff pf wouldnt be selling or buying just advertising

well obv there b rules what u can sell etc..i cant see it being any more work than off topic.. i never see any removal of threads on other buy sell forums.

i think it's a great idea. maybe some members could help 'run' it, but i doubt there would really be that many problems? as long as everyone took responsibility for what they were buying/selling..

Well I already have a brand new breast pump I would sell or be willing to swap. It would eventually be put on ebay :wink: :)

Great idea :D

mids!! ur so naughty!!! i would definatly be up for helping with it..depends if lauras gonna allow it though.. i think perhaps they should do a months trial to see how it goes.. they can always remove it if it doesnt work..

We have discussed this at great length in mod section already.

It's something I believe WILL happen, but having a "petition" about it won't make any difference I'm afraid :lol:

it would me a lot more work for the mods, we would need rules, eg minimum number of posts before selling etc, and how the new section would work, eg would peoples get a sticky to sell or do we just let people post, but then they would always be bumping their threads back to the top. What would happen in disputes? What if it created tension on the forum?

basically, we know people want a section, hell I'd like to sell some baby bits too, but theres more to it than you think and me and laura are both way too busy at the moment to sort it right now.

ta

I'm on other forums where they have a For Sale/Wanted section and swapping stuff. I prefer using those to Ebay tbh. I can't stand having to bid on Ebay for stuff. Annoys the crap out of me.

So long as you are not trading as a business and its a private sale it should be fine to do. Of course its based on trust but hopefully it won't be abused here.

I'd be happy to offer my help also. Have experience with PHP BB.

i like the idea, great minds think alike, i PM'd one of the adminstrators last weekend about starting a section like this.

Sandi

Id absolutely LOVE to have section like that! Like, even for give away stuff! Dear mods - please please please! :hug: :D

i think its a real shame that a petition wouldnt help. i understand that you and laura are obviously busy.

i think it would get a lot of people to join and would help out a lot of familys. i think within the rules there has to be the issues of pf will not deal with any disputes (which i think is fair) and you must solve issues between urself. thats how that is solved.

i understand that there would be some extra work for you guys.. but i would have thought people could ask to join it like the members area, and you can see how many posts they ahve made etc. perhaps laura could get a few more mods or evewn just one for this area.

i do think its a shame that its not going to be done any time soon though..

lisa&alex said:
i think its a real shame that a petition wouldnt help.

It wouldn't help because we know already how much people want it, we don't need a petition to show us, we've been talking about it for ages.

Anyway it's up to Laura, Oliver has been in hospital so I'm sorry, she's way too busy to sort it out right now.

i think its a great idea....i used to use my uni buy/sell/wanted section loads ....so i think it wud do well on here :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back