a little update

petchy

Reaction score
i've been away for a bit (visiting my parents in norway - had a lovely time!) so here's a little update:

i feel huge now, have had to make the move into maternity clothes completely as nothing fits me anymore! i think i'm fairly big for my dates. probably something to do with the fact that my belly has always been big and now baby is pushing everything even more upwards and outwards! i have gained 3kgs so far (about 6 1/2 lbs) at 15+4. anyway i spent sunday packing away 90% of my clothes! my belly still has a "dent" in it round the middle bit which i don't like!! i will take a photo and post it on the belly pic thread sometime this week!

think i've been overdoing the fruit and veg...especially the dried apricots - i eat loads of those! all the other pregnant ladies i know are complaining of constipation, but i certainly don't have that problem!! i am not complaining though, think i prefer this to being constipated!

i have to go and see a consultant tomorrow (hypertension clinic) as every time they take my BP it's raised. i have a bit of a hospital/doctor phobia though, so every time i go my pulse is racing and i'm really nervous - so they think it might just be that. i certainly hope so - and i can't see a reason why my BP should always be up, as i lost 2 stone last year, got into shape by exercising, and my diet is the healthiest it has ever been. i should be in better shape than ever, so i really hope the BP thing is just because i am nervous every time i go in!

i see the midwife on wednesday for the second time. hopefully we will hear baby's heartbeat for the first time! seen it beating twice at the scans, but imagine hearing it will be different!

can't wait to feel movements now!!!

Awww it's lovely to hear from you sweetie. Glad you had a nice time.

Try not to worry aout your BP - it'll only make it higher! Good luck.

xxxxx

Hi Petchy, good to hear from you :)

Massive **baby dust** for you for when you go to the clinic, hopefully it will be because of your worry about the hospitals but it's good they are checking it out.

*Hugs and belly rubs*

Hello Petchy

Sorry i didnt contact you before. I had problems with my bp with the second one, i was kept in overnight twice but there wasnt anything wrong. With this one i had a midwife check today and my bp was raised 130 / 85, so they put on a bigger blood pressure sleeve and my bp went to 130 / 68. It might be worth your while asking for a bigger sleeve to be used as my midwife tells me that they are more accurate.

i noticed that we are at the same stage. are you due on the 2 feb as well.

take care and try not to worry.

well i went to the clinic yesterday, and got fitted with a hideous 24 hour BP monitor that went off every 30 minutes. niiiice. minutes after i left the hospital, my BP was back to normal range (the average of the 1st five readings was 115/65), so it just confirmed what i had known all along - i have white coat hypertension brought on by my hospital and doctor phobia. good to know it is normally fine though!

i was supposed to keep this thing on for 24 hours (ie overnight) but there was no way i could sleep with that thing waking me up every 30 minutes. so at just gone midnight i was literally in tears, in a right state, desperate to sleep and about ready to throw the thing out of the window!!! so i was naughty and took it off, then put it back on again in the morning for a few more hours. they can tell me off all they want, but no way was i keeping that thing on overnight, they would need to send me off to a mental hospital afterwards!!

saw the MW today, and OH was there too. should have seen his face when he got to hear the heartbeat, it was priceless! he looked well proud! i heard it yesterday as well, and i felt guilty coz OH wasn't there to hear it with me! i wish i had a doppler at home! MW said in a few weeks time (maybe even straight away as baby's heartbeat was so easy to find) i should be able to hear it through a normal Gdoctor's stethoscope, so i might try to get one off ebay. at £5ish they're cheaper than a doppler or even a prenatal listener. has anyone else tried this? if so let me know how you got on and if it is worth a try!

Hi Petchy

I knew that i had emailed you today but i was on about the wrong post. It's my mind that is muddled not yours. lol

davina

lol davina, my mind is always muddled these days!! :D

yes it seems we are due on the same day - i'll race you! lol

Hi Petchy

Meant to ask you, how do you know already that you are having a girl?

I bet i beat you as i am having a c section a week before. lol

i think perhaps you have confused me with someone else, i have no idea yet what we're having. hope to find out on the 26th of september when we have our detailed scan though!

i hope i don't have a c-section, so yes unless i'm early you'll probably beat me to it!!

Hi Petchy

Sorry i plead insanity. I thought that on the chat line you said that your baby had a heart beat of 142 as well and that it was a girl. i can only say that pregnancy is making me insane. lol

That is so funny as i have my 22 week scan on the 26 september at 3.00. i shall be finding out the sex, even though my hubby doesnt want to know.

take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back