c section wound looking like a lip

hayley

Reaction score
i know the topic is a little strange.. i'll explain... above my section scar i have a SWOLLEN part which looks like a lip - it's the same length as my scar and about an inch wide.... the MW took a look today and said it's normal - just swelling under the skin and will go down in a few weeks... but is it normal? no-one can see it through my clothes but i just hate it being there... it's a little sensitive too... when shaving or if my underwear rubs.. i only had my section 11 days ago so i suppose i will be a little swollen still... just hope i don't end up with a big lip hanging over my scar...

did anyone else notice this?

x

Hi

I dont have that below my scar but on my scar a big chunk of it has a part that is much deeper and looks bad
Katrina

I have the same as you Katrina, its hard to explain...its like the middle part of the scar is quite thick and lumpy and thats one year on!! :shock: its now starting to go down!

I haven't had a section but i'm guessing that it will take a while to heal properly. As the docs say not to do anything for 6 weeks as it takes at least that long for things to settle, so I wouldn't worry hun, just keep an eye on it or to make it look pretty try some lippy :lol:

My doc told me it takes a good 6 months for things to go back to normal, even after a vaginal birth(I saw him when jamie was 8 weeks old) so not to worry about anything until then :shock:

Hayley I had exactly the same after my section. Cant remeber how long it took to go down, but it has completely gone now. my scar is all flat now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back