• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A bit confused about the EDD dates...

i.love

Reaction score
Two days ago, when I had my second early scan I was told that I am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and was given an estimated due date 23rd of October.

When I input this date into a ticker (food one, it seems rather popular here), it says that I am 8 weeks and 5 days???

Does anyone know how this is calculated? Did my doctor make a mistake? Is the 'food ticker' very inaccurate?

(And btw, can anyone tell me where to copy the ticker code? Can't find it)

If your edd is 23rd October you must be 8 weeks unless they gave you the wrong date, otherwise your prob due in november if they def said 6 weeks preg, try working it out from your LMP and see what you get.

You paste your ticker code into the signature part, try looking in the quick links.

If your edd is 23rd October you must be 8 weeks unless they gave you the wrong date, otherwise your prob due in november if they def said 6 weeks preg, try working it out from your LMP and see what you get.

You paste your ticker code into the signature part, try looking in the quick links.

My period was very unregular, so I can't really use it :-/

I checked a calendar tool on BBC Health website, it gives me the same date - 7 weeks for EDD 23/10/11.

Thanks, I'll have another look for the signature part, though I thought I looked everywhere already.

i'm awful with dates unfortunately :-( but as for your ticker, as far as i know you have to post several times first before it lets you have a "signature" I think it was something like 50 posts. Then you need to go to the user CP section and edit the signature that way. Hope that makes sense? x

I would think your Dr has either dated you wrong or estimated your due date wrong hun. My LMP was the 19th Jan which makes me 8wks 2 days today and I have an EDD of the 26th Oct.

Last edited:
i'm awful with dates unfortunately :-( but as for your ticker, as far as i know you have to post several times first before it lets you have a "signature" I think it was something like 50 posts. Then you need to go to the user CP section and edit the signature that way. Hope that makes sense? x

thanks, I think it's probably 10 posts, as it just appeared in my quick links! :) seems to work now.

I would think your Dr has either dated you wrong or estimated your due date wrong hun. My LMP was the 19th Jan which makes me 8wks 2 days today and I have an EDD of the 26th Oct.

Oh how strange. I just put 26 Oct into this tool: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/pregnancy_calendar and it said it would be 7 weeks and 3 days! Sorry I don't mean to confuse you now :) Just it looks like different websites give you different results?...

I really can't be 8 weeks, as the baby is only 7.8 mm... Maybe they count the EDD according to the size, so maybe it works differently for everyone?

Anyway, I have an appointment with my midwife next week, I might ask her then!

There is sometimes a bit of confusion as really your not pregnant until ovulation or just after so that might be causing some confusion too. I have an irregular cycle too so don't really know my exact dates just going from first day of last period (20th Jan) until I get a scan with more accurate dates. Long as you know roughly for just now it shouldn't matter a few days or a week either way, hopefully the midwife can clarify things for you a bit more.

we got told that your edd is the last date of your last period plus 7 plus 9 months. For example: mylast period (with my son) was 22 decenmber 2009 plus 7 = 29th december and then add 9 months on to that...... so september 29th 2010?!
xx

Oh how strange. I just put 26 Oct into this tool: http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/pregnancy_calendar and it said it would be 7 weeks and 3 days! Sorry I don't mean to confuse you now :) Just it looks like different websites give you different results?...

I really can't be 8 weeks, as the baby is only 7.8 mm... Maybe they count the EDD according to the size, so maybe it works differently for everyone?

Thats weird as the ticker I have on my signature makes me exactly 8wks 2days which is what I make myself counting on a calender from LMP.

Oh well, guess we'll really see at the first scan.

we got told that your edd is the last date of your last period plus 7 plus 9 months. For example: mylast period (with my son) was 22 decenmber 2009 plus 7 = 29th december and then add 9 months on to that...... so september 29th 2010?!
xx

last day of period? you sure? If it was the first day of my last period, it would explain why I got 23 Oct!

Thats weird as the ticker I have on my signature makes me exactly 8wks 2days which is what I make myself counting on a calender from LMP.

Oh well, guess we'll really see at the first scan.

yeah I guess so... It's such a long wait though! Oh well :)

sorry i meant first day of period!! apologies!
x

thanks, I think it's probably 10 posts, as it just appeared in my quick links! :) seems to work now.

Lol... couldn't remember how many posts it was ;-) was just a "stab in the dark" so to speak but glad your ticker is working now :) x

I have been given an EDD of 29th October, dated from my LMP which was 22nd January. I am 7 weeks and 6 days, confirmed by early scan.

Just looked up the size of fetal pole and that is indicating that you are 6weeks 5 days, so I think they have given you incorrect EDD.

I have been given an EDD of 29th October, dated from my LMP which was 22nd January. I am 7 weeks and 6 days, confirmed by early scan.

Just looked up the size of fetal pole and that is indicating that you are 6weeks 5 days, so I think they have given you incorrect EDD.

Did you mean that 7.8 mm mean 6 weeks 5 days? Yes, that's exactly what I was given, just it was 2 days ago, so I am 7 weeks today... :)

Mine first day of LMP was 16 Jan and I was given 23 Oct. So it fits with your dates! Great :)

sounds like they've got it wrong hon, I have the same EDD of the 23rd October, and will be 9 weeks tomorrow, confirmed by an early scan a week or so ago x x

sounds like they've got it wrong hon, I have the same EDD of the 23rd October, and will be 9 weeks tomorrow, confirmed by an early scan a week or so ago x x

well it works out just as Squeakz said - first date of my last period plus 7 plus 9 months (16 Jan + 7 days + 9 month = 23 Oct). So if that's the system they use to calculate the EDD, I don't think there is a mistake there.

And I was given 6w 5d on my scan according to the size of the baby (this is supposed to be pretty accurate, right?).

I think it probably depends on the cycle length. I am usually about 40 days or so, maybe that's why my dates are a bit different.

Anyway - if my EDD is 23 Oct after all - nice to meet you, we have the same EDDs! :)

Ahh perhaps the cycle length has a lot to do with it then hon, my cycles are around 24 days long so that makes sense. My LMP was 18th Jan so I originally thought my EDD was 25th October but at early scan I measured 2 days ahead of this. Nice to meet you 2! Lets hope we have a happy & healthy 9 months x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back