A 3rd baby... or not?

HappyAlice

Reaction score
I am being driven mad by an ongoing battle in my own head, and it's been going on for months. Days will go by and all I can think about is having a 3rd child, I look at maternity wear and imagine which I will buy 3rd time round, look at prams and have even decided what kind of pram I want, I have thought of names I like.. and then suddenly I get hit by a feeling of 'absolutely no way am I doing that again!!' like when I had a sickness bug it reminded me of how bad morning sickness is, and when my daughter was ill in the night it reminded me of the exhaustion of sleepless nights, and then after that has passed I will go back to the broody stage again..

I keep flitting from one extreme to another, I have 2 children already, one of each (who are both in full time school as from Sept), my partner has told me he will be happy either way, i don't know what to do!! I'm 30 so eggs will be decreasing in quality soon..

Has anyone else had this quandary with having a 3rd, and what did you do, did you go ahead? Was it what you really wanted? If not did you regret it? Is the tiredness and sickness as bad as I remember? Or am I blowing it out of proportion?

I don't know what the best thing - why am I soo unbelievably, obsessively broody :wall:

me and hubby thought long and hard about a third. We finally decided and went ahead with it and i have to say the third baby tipped me over the edge. Its a crowd. Twos easy but three seemed so much harder. you do get used to it though and it gets easier - i went on to have another so it couldn't have been that bad. :)

I'm 30 and this is my first baby so I imagine I will start obsessing about Baby 2 quite quickly (unless this one puts me right off :wink: ) Maybe its the fact that your kids will be in school full time that makes you want another baby around? :hug:

go for it hun, as you might regret it one day if you don't! :hug:

foxymum said:
go for it hun, as you might regret it one day if you don't! :hug:

thats exactly how me and hubby got to making #3. We said that when i got to 40 and too old for another i might look back and regret so we went for it :)
i say go for it too - its great after the hard baby stage!

I know how you feel. Im thinking I go back to work end of next year and I could squeeze in a 3rd before I go back lmao. But then then Elora starts screaming and I dont think its such a great idea lol. OH wants another right now, but he doesnt have to give birth to it does he :x

Im so tempted to started trying again though, but I dont think it would be right for my 2 kids.

The woman who lives above me is pregnant again and her baby is only 9 months :shock: she has enough problems looking after that one. I can her her and her husband shout at it most days :( Its only 9 months. How are they going to cope with 2. :shock:

Sorry I went off on a rammble

It's a hard decision, I'd be over the moon to be doing the great things again - the day you give birth is magical, I loved breastfeeding etc. I think I will do it again and just hope there is no sickness and it's a good baby that sleeps through the night! Thanks for all your answers :hug: Nice just to hear some positivity :)

3 kids is sooo much harder than 2. I hold my hands up to any one who has more than that and I really don't know how they cope. I would say to go for it now cos you will only get broodier till you do. It is really hard work though trying to split your time an attention 3 ways. The school run is a nightmare!
When I was having Nathan I had so many doubts and I used to cry all the time thinking I couldn't cope whan he was born but I mananged and I think if I didn't get pregnant when I did I would still want another one now. At least now I'm done!

i think you should go for it - the fact that you're even asking the question shows how much u really want this - there is a nice gap if the other 2 are at shcool from sept - when i had my 3rd my 2 boys were just about in school - there had only been a 2yr gap with them and it was really hard work - but no. 3 was a breeze - REALLY - i was sooooooo relaxed and chilled out - i enjoyed the baby bit much more than the other 2

annie4 said:
i think you should go for it - the fact that you're even asking the question shows how much u really want this - there is a nice gap if the other 2 are at shcool from sept - when i had my 3rd my 2 boys were just about in school - there had only been a 2yr gap with them and it was really hard work - but no. 3 was a breeze - REALLY - i was sooooooo relaxed and chilled out - i enjoyed the baby bit much more than the other 2

i definatley agree with that, when i had Louie Josh had started full time school 5 days before! ( i know, you couldn't have planned it eh!?) anyway Louie has had me all to himself in the week days & loves the oters being around all the other time, its great for them to have one on one when they are small & precious for us :D

I have 2 and I am taking steps towards sterilisation. I dont want to be in the situation in a few years time where Im unsure if I should or shouldnt.

I know now that I dont and that I love my two and thats me but I know that I could get older and think it would be lovely.

I just want conception taken out of the equation.

A selfish approach maybe but I need to be sure.

I don't think I could ever be sterilised, when my 2nd child was a baby I also thought that was it, I had my perfect one-of-each family, but now she is starting school and my mind/body feels ready for the next!

I had this about my second!!! I was always broody when I saw other babys but I thought, I'm happy with just the three of us. Then after LO started school my perspective changed and I am now excited about number 2 as is the OH :cheer:

I think if it's playing on your mind that much, you should go for it, rather than leave it too late, and regret not having a third.

:hug:

I agree with most of the others - go for it! As some have said, your other children are at school, so at least you're not looking at the prospect of three children under three which might well be very stressful (depending on the temperaments of all involved). And, since every pregnancy is different, you might find you have no morning sickness at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back