9 MONTHS + STILL FEEDING IN THE NIGHT - HELP.

HELENUK

Reaction score
Alfie is now 9 months and still wakes 3-4 times a night for a feed i know this is mainly comfort as he eats everything during the day and has a big feed before going to sleep. He will not take a bottle/dummy for comfort what should I do? Do I just refuse to feed him and have a rough week or so till he gets the message? and because he wakes so much he has still yet to sleep in his cot all night, any advice would be a god send, thanks x

I can't advise I am afraid. :hug: Though it makes me feel like a bit of a fraud that I am winging because Ellie is waking once a night. In Ellies case though, I think she would sleep through if she wasn't doing a dirty nappy every night. I was going to post on here to see if there is anything I can do about that. When she does wake, I give her a nappy change, and she then takes a very big feed (normally around 2:30 in the morning). Thankfully she settles reasonably well most the time and will wait until 7:30. I am getting tired enough with that, so you have my sympathy, I don't think I could cope with 3-4 times a night, I would be falling asleep at my desk at work.

when he wakes up offer him water in a beaker instead ofthe boob.

after a few nights he will get the message that mummys not a dummy!

Thankfully I'm not working at the moment so I just fall asleep around the house!
He does have a beaker during the day so I will try that I think I'm just going to have to stop completly and see it through, thanks ladies.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back