Crying when feeding

mermaid

Reaction score
Just lately Finley is very fussy when feeding. He eats his hands constantly so I try to feed him but he won't latch on and screams. Other times he screams after a feed has finished like he isn't satisfied. Is this a phase or is he perhaps hungrier and wanting more? How confusing?! Maybe it is a comfort thing? Any ideas ladies?

hiya faith has her hands in her mouth all the time but she is teething!!
she dribbles alot and her cheeks are bright red just wondered if your having the same problem?
sorry im not much help!

Yes teething is a possibilty, he dribbles a lot and his gums feel quite hard. I can't see any whiteness though under the gums.

Hun I think its teething, Oli is the same its just their teeth getting ready and moving into place.

Bonjela and calpol or New Era tabs will do the trick :D

It is definitely teething. He had a red cheek this morning and wants to chew my finger all day! What is the best thing for teething? Is the gel good or will calpol last longer and help the pain more? :think:

aww poor mite, I personally found the gels to be useless, but Calpol always really helped, the only problem is that you can't give it all the time, so save it for when it is really bad.

The teething rings you put in the fridge are also very good :hug:

Thanks Sarah, I just bought some gel! Never mind, it may help when I can't use calpol.

mermaid said:
It is definitely teething. He had a red cheek this morning and wants to chew my finger all day! What is the best thing for teething? Is the gel good or will calpol last longer and help the pain more? :think:

Cuddles! they are the best medicine. Babies tend to get very clingy. Have you considered buying a sling to put the little fella in so your hands free and he can have all the cuddles he wants? i think Alfie is suffering with his at the moment and whenever he gets a wee bit clingy i put him in his and he has a snuggle whilst chewing his fist and i can get on.

Also i find that if i get a clean sock of alfies put two ice cubes in and cruch them he can mould it around his gums and hold it and it is working well ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back