8 boys and wanting a girl

OMG im watching it now, how DARE she compare herself to people who cant have children?!?!

I went on the website they showed, and I am horrified. I mean really horrified.

People asking what the procedures are for getting a late abortion after if it's the wrong sex. I'm not talking about someone with a huge family either, she has one other child, and saying she will abort all her pregnancies until it's a girl.

Signatures saying wanted two girls, but Ethan is my gender disappointment baby.

Its awful.

I understand that GD could be something that is mentally programmed in, and something that some people cannot get over. However when women are talking like this, to have to question if they should be TTC at all without speaking to someone professional first.

Reading the rules, apparently posting unsympathetic posts in any way is against the rules and they will be removed, but talking about killing all of your babies until you get the right gender is ok.

I can understand people needing a place to talk about GD, but the type of discussions on there fall under extreme GD and those people need help, not to have a place to further fuel their obsession.

I Sky+ it and just managed to watch it yesterday while Hebe was sleeping and I found the whole thing really really sad. :(

I think there is a lot of psychological issues going on, and it is sad. These women can't seem to help how they feel, but they need help.

It's so hard to get your head around it. I can understand hoping for a particular gender but it was extreme.....

'Nicola refused to marry Michael until he has given her a girl'

:shock: Keeping her options open much?!

I also sky+ it and watched it yesterday and i just couldn'y get my head around the statement that not being able to have a girl is just as bad as not being able to have any at all ........WTF!!!!

I have 2 boys already and yeah, it would have been 'nice' to complete my family with a girl but i am over the moon to be having a third boy! I think little boys are lovely. If i had a house full of girls i would have been equally as happy. When we went for our scan, we both kinda hoped for a girl but there was zero dissapointment at the fact were having another boy, it beggers belief!! xx

also, people ask me if if i'm gonna try again for a girl....erm no, if i do want another child its coz i want another child, not a girl in particular xx

Like you, I can understand initial disappointment like that and sympathise. I'd like a girl next, but any child is a blessing and I realise that so much since I lost my first baby. So if I were having a boy, it would take me a little longer to get used to the idea, but it's not an issue. Children are beautiful no matter what their gender.

I also found it really disturbing how much of this behaviour was conducted in front of their children.

i know, way to make your kids feel unwanted eh? xx

Oh wow, these woman are troubled!! There's something very superficial in their needs for girls, no one of them gave a really sound reason for wanting a girl specifically, just that they like the pink and fluffy side. Poor partners in it all, I don't know if I would put up with that kind of behaviour! And very presumptious indeed that a little girl would be very feminine, a lot are far from it, and what would happen if they had a wee tom-boy.........it scares me to think!!!

I would love it if those twins turned round and said they didnt like a pink and wanted to be tom boys, maybe join a local ladies rugby team when they're older. Would serve that mother right for being so superficial! The way she doted on those girls mustve really hurt her sons, cos its so obvious how differently she treats them. How much do you wanna bet at least 2 of them will be cross dressers?!

I didnt see it and I'm grateful I didn't as just reading the comments on here has upset me.
I agree with Tonks, having children is a blessing and its horrible that she and others feels like she did/does.

I feel so sorry for her boys, imagine what they must be feeling like.
They would probably feel better and more loved if they all went into a foster home or lived with someone else, who would love them as they are and not because of their gender.
Did their father seem to be happy that they were his boys and show them love?

thier father seemed so under the thumb it was unreal! He seemed perfectly happy with the boys to be honest.

I just watched it on 4oD. It's crazy, anyone should/would be happy with young, healthy boys. :|

I watched it the other night and couldn't help but feel sorry for the boys who were born later knowing that they weren't really wanted because they were the wrong sex. Even if it's not said in so many words, kids can pick up on these things can they not?

I would be happy if I had all boys, all girls or a mix of both, so long as they're healthy and happy that's really all I'm looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back