74kg!! That's right, 74kg!!!

Alexandra84

Reaction score
Well, while I was on my daily walk about town I decided to pop into Lloyds pharmacy and use their scales to see how much I weigh now. This may have been a mistake as when I climbed on wearing my skimpiest of clothes I clocked up an amazing 74kg!! (That's 163lbs for those of you who don't think metric).

That means that in the last 27 weeks I have gained a total of 11kg (24lbs) from my original weight :shock:. And I haven't particularly been over-indulging in any naughty treats or anything... No wonder I feel heavy,.. I'm in shock!

I probably shouldn't worry too much as I'll exercise it all off after birth but this is the first time I've felt my weight spiralling out of control in this way and it's a bit scary :(.

I think if I go on the scales I am going to get a horrible shock so I am actually going to avoid it until after baby is born. I will probably give it 3 weeks, weigh my self and then work out a goal weight and go from there. If I know how much I weigh now I will get depressed and not enjoy the rest of the pregnancy.

My weight before was 9.5st so I want to go down to 9st and I think I habe a long way to go! LOL

Has anyone else got any diet plans or anything for after baby is born? xx

I was just starting to loose weight before I found out I was pregnant! I am trying my hardest not to over eat & to be as healthy as I can! I am still swimming but after the baby I plan to go back to running and swimming & a calorie controlled diet. I feel huge at the moment, but people keep saying that I look like I've lost weight, I am sure I haven't! Oh well ladies, the end result will be worth the weight gain :) x x x

Ive put on 2 stone.. :( dont know what that is in pounds/kg etc.. but i know im not happy with it lol!
ive not had any kind of appetite in this pg so not eaten too much etc.. dont think ive eaten enough!!

Ive put on 2 stone.. :( dont know what that is in pounds/kg etc.. but i know im not happy with it lol!
ive not had any kind of appetite in this pg so not eaten too much etc.. dont think ive eaten enough!!

2 stone is about 28lbs hun, its obviously baby weight hun, you'll soon loose it :hugs: x x x

I've only gained 6 pounds so far, which isn't bad but I am not halfway yet and was heavier than I should have been to begin with (size 14). I have 30lbs to lose of my own fat that I had before baby. Hopefully because I am eating so healthy I won't gain much more, I am worried I will end up at over 200 lbs by the time the baby gets here!

2 stone is about 28lbs hun, its obviously baby weight hun, you'll soon loose it :hugs: x x x

Tbh my boobs may be a big part of it I was a 32b and now wearing last clasp on 36e! :shock:

I'm hitting about 70kg, i usually be about 61kg although I was 65 when I got pregnant so Im fair packing it on already. Although Im going back to boxing training (just punching pads) and gym next week, as I usually exercise 6 times a week, but exhaustion so far has meant Ive done nothing but still eat wayyyyy too much haha. Im actually trying to find out if slimming world let pregnant women join, obviously I dont wanna lose weight yet but I would like to get used to eatting more healthy and having a plan xxx

That's a good idea to get used to eating healthy now rather than have to try it out after baby is born.. It will be second nature by then :)

From finding out (I was 8 weeks) upto week 21 I lost 5kg (11lb ) since then I have put on 1kg 2.2lb! Bizzare! but everyone has said how I have lost weight from everywhere else and my bump is just growing!!

S
xx

By week 22 i've managed to put 7-8kg.....at least there are quite a few of us going the same way:)))

every pregnancy is different...with my little boy I went up to 83kg I started at 62kg!!!! I had to eat to stop feeling sick and it wasnt cake or anything it was savory but honestly I felt so rough if I didnt eat something every hour...

This pregnancy I have gained (halfway through) 6kg but i have the opposite this time, I have to be careful what I eat as a lot of things even the thought make me feel sick, so I have to make sure i eat. This shows it wasnt my mind set or deliberate "eating for two" as my mother in law would haveyou think. I lost a stone at the birth and my little boy was only 6lb 2oz. I lost the lot well within a year so please please please dont worry enjoy your pregnancy
take care
xxx

Angelmma - why dont you try your doctors first to refer you for Pregnancy Food advice it will be free and safe advice given by a trained nutritionist/nurse...Slimming world and the like are just people like you and me showing people how its done unless they are specially trained to deal with pregnancy take care xxx

Thanks everyone, I feel much better knowing that everyone's weight gain's been different and that there are at least a few people who are gaining at about the same rate as me. I had a chat with my OH about it as well and he told me that he thinks that as long as I'm eating healthy then whatever weight I gain will be the weight that my body needs, bless him.

So feeling a somewhat less shocked now. :D

Glad ur feeling better about it now.. tbh its made me be less conscious about my weight gain too :)

I got a bit of a shock today when I was weighed at the hospital. I was almost expecting to have lost weight, but no such luck! I've put 3 kg on :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back