7 weeks to go, and im really struggling

*Star*

Reaction score
)I'm not sure if im going to last the 7 weeks.
im just so tired and exhausted.

im 33 weeks gone. i have pain in the front of my pelvis and when it is bad i find it VERY hard to carry my 14 month old around the place (he isnt walking yet). and i have a lot of trouble carrying him up the stairs, even when it isnt that bad.

im getting a lot of achy, pulling feeling in my tummy too.

i finished work on friday ( :dance: ) and it seems to have made my spd even more painful. as ive finished work, we've taken the boys out of nursery now (there is no need for them to be there, and as OH wage has increased we lost a lot of tax credits)

so i will have them at home with me during the day. we live in a 3 story house with the living room on the middle floor and the kitchen on the bottom! a lot of stairs :(

and, on top of it, benjamin is starting school in september! so for 2 weeks at the start of sept he'll be there in the afternoons, so i have to drive to drop him off and pick him up again (and it's slap bang in the middle of the afternoon when oliver has his nap!).

and we are trying to get him into the before school club so OH can take him in the morning (he has to leave at 8), if not ill have to get us all ready and get him to school for 9. and there is no parking so i would have to leave early and walk to the school. then again go and pick him up when he finishes!!!!

sigh, these next few months are going to be so hard work... we didnt get the timing of the baby that right did we lol

I have no advice as I have no kids but understand how much tougher it must be. I applaud you!!
Hang in there!!

:clap: :hug:

Perhaps your little girl will arrive early :D

Hope your little boy starts walking soon :)

there is never a right time for babies IMO. You will get through thos coz yoou have to and dont forget that 7 weeks isnt that long (I keep trying to tell myself similar!!!) :hug:

Sending some hugs, you will do it because you're Mummy, I just hope the aches do ease for you and the school run does go smoothly :hug: :hug: :hug: All those stairs sound horrible :( :hug: Do you know any other Mum's who could share the school run, so you don't have to do it everyday, or going and coming home? Very best wishes :hug:

Hey honey - i've been mega skint recently so not got phone credit so apologies for bein a crap text buddy but will try and sort that this week or next and start buggin you by text see if we can't get you feelin a bit betterer :hug:
Hope you can find some people to help you to take the pressure off a bit with the school run :hug:
maybe have a word with school and see if you can't get them to re-arrange things a bit for the first few weeks....considering your late in pregnancy and the spd too...school's are pretty approachable and flexible so am sure they could sort sommat out for you - even if it means little man swapping classes or something?
The stairs thing sounds a bloomin nightmare :hug: I live in a second floor flat n its beginnin to get hard work now to haul my pregnant ass up two flights of stairs everytime i go out but i don;t have SPD and at least when I'm in its all on one level.. could you not get hubby to move some stuff up out of the kitchen into the living room for you? make a temporary bed-sit type kitchenette thingy so you don't have to keep goin up n down stairs all day?
Love n Hugs Sarah xxxx

Hey Star
Have not been on for ages as moved house and no internet and what do I see when I return....my due date buddy having exactly the same probs as me! It must be an 8th October thing. I too have spd and so struggle to walk, sleep, turn over in bed etc. am also absolutely exhausted and wonder how I get through my day. We have also moved from a bungalow to a house where the bathroom is downstairs which makes those nighttime wees a pain. Am seriously considering a chamber pot if I thought I could balance on one :lol:
Bear in mind that although you are on mat leave now you are still working full time. In fact although I am working up till Oct 3rd at least for me I can leave work behind whereas you have a job 24/7 with the kids so you are a bit of a star (no pun intended) really.

Sorry I don't have a whole load of great advice but thought maybe it might help to know you are not alone in this. As aramintalovegrove said, there is never a right time really but you will get through this. Just think in 7 weeks (or less I'm hoping anyway!) it will all be worth it.

Sending you a load of these :hug: :hug:
xxxxxx

thanks guys!!

well i have my grandma and grandad who actually pick my brother from the same school, so hopefully when im having a bad day they will be able to pick up benjamin for me as well. only problem is they are away on holiday for 2 weeks (2nd 2 school weeks in sept), so them two weeks i'll be picking up my brother as well!

also OH's parents live within walking distance of the school, so hopefully they will be free at times to pick him up as well.

thing is i feel bad, with him just stating school and i want to be dropping him off and picking him up!

i tell you what though, we took the boys swimming yesterday, and wow! that was great! i felt so light!!!!! only problem was that i actually couldn't climb back out of the swimming pool with the ladders at the side of the pool!!!! haha i was a sight!

finally manged to get out, but i think when we go again i'll stick to th baby pool where they have steps at one end with a rail! but i felt about 20 times heavier when i climbed out!!!

hels, i wondered where you had been. that must have been hard work moving house! i can sympathise with the loo thing. we have a loo on all three levels in our house, so wherever i am i can get to a loo quickly, just makes it a pain for cleaning them!! wow, you are working late! what is it you do? i was working in retail, on my feet for my whole shift, it was a nightmare!

Fly - no worries! things are manic here as well, and now they have re-assessed our tax credits, we have lost £500 a month from them :( We can't really do anything with the school, we asked for afternoon classes for him so that i wouldn't have to get up early and hit the morning rush. it's not really gonna be practical moving stuff from upstairs, we only have 2 rooms on this level, our bedroom and living room. im thinking of rearranging the fridge and stuff in the kitchen so i can send benjamin down stairs and get him to bring things up for me!!!! a big supply of fruit shoots for their drinks etc lol!

ahhh tis a bloody nightmare bout the tax credits thing honey :hug: hopefully ya relatives can help you out a bit with school n that n don't feel too bad babe - it can't be helped and be much better for little man to have a more relaxed mummy to come home to rather than a mummy in pain :hug: xxx

Hey Claire
Yeah moving house was an experience and will never do it again whilst pregnant! However I am soooo glad we don't have 3 loos, all that cleaning...yuk! I ahve to get my DH to do it as I hate it!
MAternity pay issues mean I have to work late unfortunately and I have no idea how I am going to manage really. I work in a lab and am on my feet 50% of the time but they are very understanding and I have an office I can retire to as well. I don't think I would be able to cope if I worked in retail. Am sooooooo glad its a bank holiday and can act like a beached whale for the next couple of days...I do it well!
Hope you are getting stuff sorted
xhels

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back