7 weeks, feeding every 2 hours (daytime) and taking 30oz + per day

CARNAT22

Reaction score
I am getting so worried about how much he eats???

I am taking him to get weighed on Friday so will try to see HV is we can.

Of course I am thankful he is a good eater BUT this is insane. Today in particular he's not gone longer than 3.5 hours without a feed and he's had 25oz already. He'll prob want another 2 feeds today???

Anyone else got a very hungry baby?

I'll ask about swapping to hungry baby milk as well, I have a massive stockpile of ready made Aptamil though :shock:

I am happy for him to feed a lot when he sleeps all night but last night he woke for a feed so I would have not expected him to be as hungry today??

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
My lo loves his milk too! Since 6am this morning has had 5 bottles of 6oz! He will have another around 11-12pm and hopefully go till 6-7am. So he's taking around 36oz a day!! He's nine weeks and he was only 10lbs when he was weighed last week - so he's now dropped a whole centile! I have no idea how its possible as he takes so much milk! xx

My LO fed all the time at that age. My HV told me to give him water between feeds as he was gaining so much weight haha! It settled down. My LO didn't like aptimil, it's thin compared to other brands. Cow&gate is made by the same company and since we switched to it it's been great. Maybe you could try that before hungry milk. I'v never needed to move to hungry milk. I'd rather feed more frequently with the normal milk.xxx

Apatamil hungry made my 6 week old sick every time he had it.....

Is he jumping centiles? If he's following a normal line you should have nothing to worry about.

I dont think that sounds like too much. My lo (2 weeks old) feed 4oz every 3 hours, sometimes having the odd oz in between and is getting hungrier as he gets bigger. Also, sometimes they have growth spurts which makes them want to eat a bit more than usual. I wouldn't worry about how much he is eating unless you are worried that he is big or drastically moved centiles.
Also, just to echo what Loly said, Aptamil is a thinner milk so maybe switching brands would help.

Last edited:
My bubba was feeding every 1.5 to 3 hours and we went on to hungry milk at 10 weeks for 10 weeks.
health visitora fobbed me off saying she didnt need it but she was better going only 3 hours between feeds and still only goes 3 hours.
Xx

Thanks ladies,

So far James hasn't moved centile, but I am taking him to get weighed on Friday so we'll see.

I may well consider moving milk, I have about 40 cartons of Aptamil though :shock:

James did about a week of sleeping well and going 7+ hours without a feed so I expected him to be hungrier in the day BUT the past two nights he's been up for a feed in the night and he is still ravenous in the daytime.

I give him an oz of water to help keep him poo'ing regularly.

I'll see how things are on Friday

xxxxxxx

Greyson was like this - he was wanting milk every 2 - 2.5 hours and he was drinking around 5 or 6oz!!! I moved him to Aptamil hungry baby milk at 6 weeks - but it still wasn't satisfying him (eventually wanting 7oz every 3 hours at 10 weeks). So I changed him to HiPP Organic Hungry baby milk and we've never looked back. Straight away he was starting to go every 4 hours - still the same amount of oz but enough for his weight - and he started sleeping better at night.

He's now 21 weeks on 4 and a half 9oz bottle per day (the half is when I dream feed him at 10.30, as he like to go to bed between 6.30 and 7).

Lily was like this - hungry so frequently - I fed Lily SMA and at 4-5 weeks put her onto hungry baby formua! It was a dream! She fed perfectly from that point onwards! xx

I don't have much advice on the feeding but with regards to your stockpile of milk could you maybe sell it on? eBay or gum tree etc x

Hungry baby in this house! Always has been!!! She now goes 2 1/2 hours only between feeds and has 8oz per bottle!! And we have started weaning too!!

She has always liked a lot of milk. You can't over feed him honey so don't worry. I found they Meri would eat tonnes in the day but slept through from quite early so it evened out really.

LO has 6oz feeds 6 times a day which seems a lot but he is 50th centile so think this must be ok? He's not sick either so it seems like he needs it. Don't worry I'm sure it's just righ for him xxx

I had James weighed yesterday and he is 10lb 4oz, so a 1lb 1oz gain in 3 weeks.

He's still in 25th centile!

He's been feeding loads today as despite not having had a poo for 5 days he seems to be having a very hungry day

xxxxxxxx

I really feel for you, keep going with the water he will pass eventually fingers crossed for you xx

LO on the initial switch from aptamil 1 to aptamil reflux was v.constipated you could see he was straining & passed blood in his stools but since has been ok. Might be worth changing formula? I stil have a shed load of aptamil 1. LO is great on this new formula but if I do switch might try HIPP.

Hope he had an explosion for you soon! Eurgh ;) xxx

Well we had a pooh at some point during the night, he did it in his sleep so it wasn't too painful?

It wasn't massive BUT hopefully it's cleared him out a bit.

I may try Aptamil comfort if he gets constipated again.

I can give SIL my stock as she is using it with her LO

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have stocked in on the SMA gold but obviously I don't know what he'll eat yet, most people I know move from gold SMA to blue hungry baby so I've only got a couple of tins for this reason, I've heard boys can be esp hungry xxx

I wouldn't worry my lo was hungry all the time fr the first 10 weeks ish then it settled down he has 4 7 oz bottles a day plus a meal of apple now .....
He was going up ounces in milk like every few days for first few weeks couldn't get enough!
As long as he is following the centime line I think it doesn't matter if he is only on the 25 th he has a lot of weight to gain before they would be concerned!
My lo is on the 91st and no one seems concerned! 98th for his height mind too!
Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back