Not taking full feeds - not sleeping through

Here's Hoping

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just thought I would post a question.....I could do with some advice or maybe reassurance who knows!!!!

My LO is 14 weeks old today. He is on Aptamil comfort milk and has been from about week 3. He normally eats at approximately 7am, 11am, 2.30pm and 6pm + a late night feed at 11pm. If he is having a good day, he will usually drink between 5 - 6 oz per feed but more often than not he doesn't finish his bottles. We usually offer him 6 - 7oz.

I know that babies tend to vary how much they want or need and that they take what they need at each feed. However I am worrying that if he doesn't finish his feeds he doesn't have enough milk through the day and therefore continues to wake for a feed between 1 - 3am for a top up. This isn't helped either by the fact that he doesn't feed well when we wake him for the late night feed at 11pm. Will this ever improve???!!! Is he in bad habits??? I have tried to reduce the middle of the night feed down to 4oz so that he feeds well at 7am but then it seems to make him wake earlier feeling hungry!!! It's a vicious circle as by offering more milk at the middle of the night feed he doesn't always feed well at 7am :wall2: He is a happy, contented baby and is gaining weight well.

HELP!!!!! Am I trying to push him too soon? Am I being selfish?? Making things worse?? It is so hard.

Any advice would be great.
x

Can't really advice Hun But my LO is 14 weeks old today Aswel she was sleeping through the night till monday since then she's been feeding less often in the day (don't know how much she takes as Im breastfeeding) and is waking 3 times in the night! x

I just think every baby is different and they will sleep through when they are ready. I was lucky, Zac slept through from 7 weeks, yet he would never finish a bottle, he still very rarely finishes a 7oz bottle now! I would always give him a dream feed about 11 though to keep his weight up, which I only stopped a couple of weeks ago. Hope he sleeps through soon, broken sleep is so tiring xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back