7 week scan...

Kay1987

Reaction score
Had a seven week scan today to check for a heartbeat after ive been having brown discharge/bleeding for 12 days! So happy to say that everything was fine and they found a heartbeat and we got to see our baby! Although they couldn't give me an answer as to why i was bleeding which was annoying and also a little worrying that they couldn't assure me it would stop soon but fingers crossed everything will be ok, my minds at rest for now anyway! x

Good! I'm glad you got the reassurance of seeing the heartbeat. Could the bleeding be from your cervix. I had some spotting at 4 and 6 weeks and the midwife said it could have been cervical.

xx

Thnaks! yeah that was a possibility, along with a clot or low placenta but they ruled that out on the scan, also could be infection but they never tested for anything! couldn't pin point one specific thing so hopefully it will just stop on its own. x

Glad your mind is at ease now Kay. I have a dating scan next Saturday (I'll be 8 weeks according to my dates). Does it look like a baby? I can't imagine what it will look like when I go. Did they give you pictures?

xxx

Lucia it looks alot like the picture on your ticker though obviously not as clear, but u can make out the shape and its legs and arms, when she pushed down really hard i could see its little face, was amazing! They gave us one picture but its not very good, u can just make out where its head was and the shape of it! It was only 1cm long. Yours may be clearer though if you'll be a week further on than when i had mine. x

Wowzas! I've only seen pics of scans at about 5 or 6 weeks and there's only a little blob there, so wasn't sure how much it would grow in 2 or 3 weeks! Aww, shame about the pic, but at least you'll get real ones in about 4 or 5 weeks! The bleeding obviously isn't a uge concern for them if they aren't investigating further...it's prob just old blood!

xxx

Wowzas! I've only seen pics of scans at about 5 or 6 weeks and there's only a little blob there, so wasn't sure how much it would grow in 2 or 3 weeks! Aww, shame about the pic, but at least you'll get real ones in about 4 or 5 weeks! The bleeding obviously isn't a uge concern for them if they aren't investigating further...it's prob just old blood!

xxx

Yeah thats what im hoping for, seems to be settling down a bit. u'll have to put your scan picture up so i can see how different it is from mine, hopefully u will get a clearer one than us, was quite disappointing but the scan itself was much clearer than we expected. But like u said not long until the next one! x

ohh this has cheerd me up x im worring about 24 hours bleeding ! glad all is ok xxx

ohh this has cheerd me up x im worring about 24 hours bleeding ! glad all is ok xxx

Just hang in there hun, the next few days up to ur scan will feel like forever but u'll soon know what is going on and hopefully everything will be fine. x

[/QUOTE]Yeah thats what im hoping for, seems to be settling down a bit. u'll have to put your scan picture up so i can see how different it is from mine, hopefully u will get a clearer one than us, was quite disappointing but the scan itself was much clearer than we expected. But like u said not long until the next one! x[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'll definitely put a pic up if they give me one! Really looking forward to it now - one week tomorrow!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back