60 minute makeover

Emma58

Reaction score
Do you reckon they do a good job?

As i am off work my day is filled with all the tv i miss when i'm normally working. I have been watching this and i know they have a lot of people working at once in those houses but, i can't see how in an hour they do a house properly.

At the end they always look good but i wonder if close up it's good or is it just a case of Bodge it and Scarper??

My parents neighbour had them in and it was a pretty bad job. This is what they did in thier house:

1) painted over existing wallpaper which was horrible and floral so that showed through the paint

2) changed the kitchen doors but the cases were all rotten so it looked really tacky after a few weeks

3) laid carpet on the existing flooring (vinal) so no additional padding (cant remember what its official name is!)

The decoration looked really good from a distance (ie on camera) but on closer imspection it didn't look good. One thing they did like was that they were able to give away some of the furniture they didn't like!

ALSO..... IT TAKES THEM LONGER THAN 60 MINUTES! Mum and dad had to be out the house for work by 8 and they were already there and were still there about 5 pm. They finally left about 9pm! Im no mathmaticin but thats slightly longer than 60 minutes!

i hate the program they put furniture up next to wet paint!!!!!
who does that???
also its always 3 walls paint 1 wall wallpaper every single show its so boring now no-one has any different ideas
plus all the furniture costs hundreds so you couldnt recreate the same look at home if you wanted again so whats the point
grr sorry tv programs like that just bug me
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back