• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 weeks on

kellylou

Reaction score
and I am unsure I am doing it right.

Alex has bottle in the morning normally 6/7oz then at 9ish we give him porridge today he had two spoonfuls mixed with water and he ater the lot we then give him another bottle and then at lunchtime I have been giving him baby rice with some carrot and he has about 7-8 spoons of that and then has 5oz of milk and the rest of the day milk feeds.

My quetion is when do I drop the milk feeds? He is 22 weeks tomorrow and taking food fine but I am worried about over feeding him but desperately want to get him reducing his milk intake as he brings so much of it back up!

Do i just reduce the amount of milk he has with a feed or should he not be having milk with his food now? I do hae cow and gate juice which he has but have jars of food too but never know how much to give him and roughly how many times a day!

Charley's only just dropping his milk feeds and he's 6 and a half months. He's on 3 meals a day and eats loads at those meals. You could try dragging out his bottles, see if he'll go longer or instead of giving him a bottle, you could give him a snack instead. x.

Zac hasn't dropped a milk feed yet and he's 9 months! I have started giving him his mid morning bottle in a cup and he drinks it so I know it's not just a comfort thing and he actually wants the milk, I will replace this feed with a snack in a few weeks and see how it goes. I am unsure about this too, but I think it's just trial and error.

Zac has water with his meals, he has about 2-3 oz with every meal xxx

Last edited:
argh its a mine field, today he had milk at half 6, porridge and milk at 9.30am then 1/3rd of cow and gate jar for lunch and 1/3rd of cow and gate dessert jar, some juice and no milk :-s he isn't asking for anything but don't want him being hungry!

I carried on feeding charley his milk every 3 hours when I started weaning then realised he didn't need it so I wait until he wants it or just give it to him morning,lunch and bedtime. He's only on 3 bottles a day now instead of the 5 I was forcing him to have x.

With ella I usually bf at 6/7am then porridge at 9am with water to drink. She then has lunch at 1 - some kind of puree and a yogurt for pudding again with water to drink. I then usually bf at about 3/4 but she doesn't take much. She then has another puree of some sort for dinner at 6 with fruit for pudding and water to drink. I then give one more bf before bed at 7.30. I've not long cut out a mid morning bf but ella doesn't need it. I'm thinking of cutting out the mid afternoon one too as she's not taking much. She drinks water throughout the day too. Hope that helps but all babies are different and u know what ur LO needs :)

amelia has never been keen on her milk struggles to take 6ozs she only has 50zs x2 and 6ozsx2 a day but she is dropping her milk intake at 12 and 4 when she has mashed veg and pudding she takes about 2ozs x

Thank u ladies I have dropped from 5-4 bottles I have started giving him bottle on waking, porridge and water at 10am, puree at 1ish and some pudding, milk late aft, tea at tea time and bottle for bed and he seems happy with that x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back