6 week post natal check up

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Just wondering what happens at your 6 week post natal check up? Will they do an internal?

I had mine on Thursday there and cos I never had many stitches or trouble with them doc said that I didn't need an internal. We discussed my mood, how I felt physically and contraceptive. Oh and BP was checked as was my bloody weight! 11st 9lbs!

Last edited:
Oh god, i've got to stop eating so much crap before my appointment in two weeks!

what happens at the baby's appointment???

Not a lot happened at mine. The doctor just asked how I was coping and feeling, how much support I had, she had a feel of my tummy to make sure that was all back to normal and then discussed contraception with me. I had an episiotomy and stiches but didn't have an internal as I felt pretty much back to normal by then. x

I had the same no internal, with baby they checked weight, length, hips, eyes and listen to his chest I think that was it

Oh god, i've got to stop eating so much crap before my appointment in two weeks!

Theres a page in babys red book which the doctor fills in for the baby's 6 week check, have a look at that to see what they will look for. x

Theres a page in babys red book which the doctor fills in for the baby's 6 week check, have a look at that to see what they will look for. x

thanks hun, will have a look now!

Baby's 6 week check!? Flippin' doc told me that baba would be checked out at 8 weeks!

So I thought my LO would get a check over then as well as her immunisations! I'm actually quite mad now! I'm so fed up at the NHS and their slack attitude with ppls lives! Sorry, I'm ranting and hijacking thread, but glad that this was brought up. x

Baby's 6 week check!? Flippin' doc told me that baba would be checked out at 8 weeks!

So I thought my LO would get a check over then as well as her immunisations! I'm actually quite mad now! I'm so fed up at the NHS and their slack attitude with ppls lives! Sorry, I'm ranting and hijacking thread, but glad that this was brought up. x

its between 6/8 weeks for the babies! think it depends on the surgery tbh! not sure when my lo will have his, not had it in the post yet!

I got my appointment through and its on the 29th, so will just be over 6 weeks!

I got a leaflet with my appointment and it says

The 6 week check for you with the practice nurse

* Check your weight and blood pressure have returned as they were before pregnancy
* If not already discussed, arrange and provide contraception (if you can remember the 1st day you start your period this is helpful)
*No internal examination is carried out routinely unless you are concerned. A smear test if need will be booked 3months after the birth of your baby.

The 6 week check with your G.P and your baby

*Your G.P will give you the opportunity to ask about any concerns you have about you or your baby.
*The G.P will exa,mine your baby fully, giving particular attention to eyes, heart, hips, muscle strenght and genitalia.
* If not already discussed, arrange and provide contraception (if you can remember the 1st day you start your period this is helpful)
*No internal examination is carried out routinely unless you are concerned. A smear test if need will be booked 3months after the birth of your baby.

Every place is prob different but just thought id let you know what will happen at mine!

At mine they checked Campbell, undress him and checked his scrotum and hips. She just asked me if I was alright and felt my tummy. I had stitches but she just asked if they felt ok. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back