• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

6 month plus breastfeeders

Rosieroo

Reaction score
I'm just wondering whether you have any routine in your day now with breastfeeding and solids? :? Ella still has as many feeds as before, but has her solids around breakfast and tea time (sometimes lunch aswell).

Do you offer any other fluids apart from breastmilk? I offer Ella water in a cup (doidy) when she has food, but nothing apart from that.

Interested to know how you're finding it and what to expect over the next few months :)

Oscar chomps all night, but apart from that, he'll breastfeed before breakfast, lunch and dinner. He'll have some water in a cup, but I read it's not neccesary until they start eating meat. Other than that - he's totally addicted to boob and I can imagine starting a BAA (boob alcoholics anonymous) :D I think I should have a few followers, hey?

I should get into a more consistent routine - but life is a wee bitty hectic still here on planet gah-gah!!

EMilia xx

no routine here either. Seren has breakfast and dinner when we do, but has lunch before I have mine. She still feeds on demand. She has water when she has her meals but thats it. I am expecting her to drop some feeds soon and then I'll be giving her more water

No routine here other than chomping as much as possible :roll:
She asbsolutely loves breastfeeding and sometimes has a look of a vampire at a jugular.

I'm in pain at the moment because I'm pregnant and I could do with reducing her feeds to be honest but I'm so tired I can't cope with the arguments.

She'll feed all day at any time, has 3 solid meals a day and will take small amounts of water from my glass and occassionally a sippy cup.

Last night she woke up 8 times because it was hot. Feel like my nipples are going to fall off this morning. They're throbbing.

She's also trying to use me as a teether which I don't even want to talk about.

She's also trying to use me as a teether which I don't even want to talk about.
Oh hon :( :hug:

She sounds like she feeds like Ella, though I am lucky with the night feeds.

I had really bad nipples a couple of weeks ago as Ella kept clamping down, I got good at sensing when she'd do it (typically accompanied by grouchy noises) and would whip my boob out of her mouth. The last time she did it I pressed her face against my boob for a second and she instantly released and hasn't tried it since (famous last words!). Her top teeth are coming through at the moment so if she does bite again I'm not looking forward to getting teeth clamped down on both sides :shock:

:hug:

Sorry to run in....Whats a doidy?
And Louise, how did you get Zara to suckle/BF with her being prem? I think I asked before but don't think I looked again for a reply :roll: D just wasn't having any of it.

Sorry to run in....Whats a doidy?

No sorries required! http://www.bumpto3.com/product.aspx?DIS ... 1=0&ASC2=0

She does have a habit of tipping it over her though :lol: But I was surprised how well she took to it. I normally give her her brekkie in a nappy and vest then dress her afterwards so it doesn't matter if she gets soaked, and after tea I'll strip her off and let her play for a bit before her bath. Don't know what I'll do at lunch! :lol: I bought her a beaker but she can't get the hang of it, I think if I got one with a soft spout she might.

Damien loves to drink out of cups so I might just get him one of them. He spills it everywhere too but he hates beakers with spouts and the only thing I can get him to drink juice from is a bottle :oops: :wall:

I got good at sensing when she'd do it (typically accompanied by grouchy noises) and would whip my boob out of her mouth

Wish I had that instinct!!!

Sami it took a long time to work. I had nearly 2 weeks of her doing nothing but nuzzling and then she would suck for 1 minute maximum and then one day she just fed for 45 minutes :shock: I stayed in hospital until she got the hang of it and could come off her feeding tube which is why I was in there for 3 weeks. :roll:

Quote:
I got good at sensing when she'd do it (typically accompanied by grouchy noises) and would whip my boob out of her mouth

Wish I had that instinct!!!

I take it Zara is a silent biter? :( Ella gets all frustrated and then bites down :(

Sami they are really good - I like mine anyhoo. She doesn't drink much else apart from boob, but I am slowly trying to get more fluid down her. Plus DH is really teeth conscious and didn't even want me to buy a beaker :roll:

Yay thanks Kina, have been trying to buy a doidy cup for yonks but have struggled to find a link. Seren is going mad for cups and glasses so I thought I'd try her with a doidy cup.

Wow Louise, well done hun for that, and for bfing whilst pregnant. Seren is still addicted to boobyjuice, can't see that changing in the near future lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back