6 days late and negative tests!!!!

TaraG

Reaction score
Hey all,
Im hoping some of you can help me! Im sooo confused. I am always very regular with my periods and am now 6 days late! My husband and i are trying for a baby so i would love it if i was pregnant but i have taken 3 test already and they have come up negative! I have been using cheap ones mind you as i dont have a lot of spare cash this month. I have read that the HCG levels might not be high enough yet so how long do i wait until taking another one?? i dont want to keep being let down by negative results. I have made an appointment with the doctor for this afternoon so ill see what they suggest.
I havn't had major symptoms, just slight spotting when i wipe (twice this has happened)of browny/pink colouring, nothing i have ever had before. before that it was quite cloudy and mucasy. A little tired too. Sorry to be crude but im just trying to get the facts right as i would really love to find out!!
Has anyone been/going through this? :?

in the same boat as you had all symptoms and giant boobs still im 8 days late will be testin on sunday now (if i can hold out lol)

just keep testin every few days let me know wot the docs say

it might just be that there isnot anough pregnancy hormonein your system yet!
i tested 2 days after my period was due and got my + on both tests.

I just thought my preriod was going to be late again like my last one (it was a week late) i only done the test because i was plannin on going to the pub..... never did get that nice cold blue wkd lol!

xxx

Quite a few people on here have had lots of BFN beofre they get theor BFP, me included.Im sure the doctor will give you a decent test so you can try again, or he will take your blood and do it that way.
Good luckl

if they are cheap tests maybe they arent picking up on the hormone possibly?

Test again in a few days hun. The cheap ones are the best beleive it or not. Much more sensitive then Clearblue and the like.

Went to docs this afternoon and she said a week is too early really to tell so i have to give them a sample of water tmor morning and wait a few days for the result! :-(
Tonight though still the same, no period but a little brownish/pink discharge again when i wipe, this a sign of pregnancy-its not runny or anything, literally just when i wipe????
Thanks for all your advice and help, its nice to know others are in the same boat-keep me posted! x

I wouldve thought a week late would show something-its soo annoying when you really want it to happen and dont know!! :-(
Although the doc did say a week might be too early, i need to start being patient! lol :D

Good luck to you Tara! I am 2 days late. Have had faint positives on cheap tests (since friday until this am) and negatives on first response (saturday), and Predictor (today) and docs (monday). They have sent off my early morning urine...A scan yesterday was 'inconclusive'.

I feel for you. Its horrid not to know. I have resigened myself to it being neagtive (though I still fell pregnant)....But I have both hands fingers crossed for you lol xxx

Thanks for that, yes it is annoying, i hope all goes well for you too!! its soo exciting though!!
Yeh i am trying to think im not preg and then if i am its a nice suprise but its soo hard to think that lol
Its only the first month of us trying so there is plenty of time, i just really want a little one of our sooooon!
Take care all x

I hope its gonna be a BFP! We need loads of them cos they've been scarce recently :(

Whatever happens good luck and im throeing out baby dust to all!

babydust.gif

Hello
I just wanted to offer my support and understanding.
I had a light bleed a few days before my period and have had fatigue and sore breasts. I took advice from this forum (thanks girls appreciate it) and tried a variety of tests...all negative so if my dates are right I'll be 5 weeks preg by now but it has not shown...if I am that is....so I took your advice again and went to docs. I have had a blood test and the result comes back tommorow afternoon.
I will let you all know ....
I'm so nervous, I feel pregnant too,....oh has anyone else had increased discharge and feeling hungry all the time, would love to chat to anyone going through the same issues.
thanks
Gem

HI, in similar situation just now. massive period pains but no period. Been like this for a week now. Did test this afternoon but negative. Is it possible I didn;t ovulate and this had made my cycle a lot longer than normal? is 'day 34' now and usually about 30/31 days. Anyone any ideas?
thanks!

Hi
How late are you now? Im 11 days late now and took a clearblue yesterday, neg again! although still no period! i think it defo is possible for us to have ovulated late thats why its not showing, im never late!!!
Have you had a slight brown discharge??? when you wipe?

Hey Tara,
I'm in a similar position! Did a test the day I was due on the blob - negative, no period a week later, did another test one of those first response ones and it showed a very faint positive line. I've a mate who's a doctor and I showed it to her she said wait a week and do another one. I'm really trying not to think I'm pregnant because its only two months since I had a miscarriage, but I can't help it I just do! Nearly pucked this morning in a meeting not something I would usually be pleased about. Hope all goes well with you! I'd say wait for a week and then do a test with your first morning wee and in the meantime try to chill out - no point tormenting yourself with test after test, tempting though it is.

soz tara forgot to update u.

turned out i wasnt pg af arrived 12 days late. docs took a blood sample wont know results till they come bk.

my af is now due on saturday, hopefully i will get a bfp this time.

Hey Tara,
how did it go? My fingers are crossed for you. I'm doing my next test tomorrow, will post back and say what it says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back