5 weeks, bleeding help

JenniCharlie

Reaction score
Hi all... New to all this, I read forums a lot, but have never posted on one! Basically... Me and my partner were trying for a baby, but it wasn't overly important when I fell pregnant, so we weren't actually trying at the right times ect.. I was due on my period last week, but a few days before I was feeling really sick in the mornings and evenings, the same feeling I had with my first pregnancy. I took a hpt 2 days before I was due on, and sure enough a cross came up. I didn't quite believe it (as many probably don't) so I done another cheapy one, then went and got 2 more Clearblue digital... All possitive, the clearblue said 1-2weeks on both. Then at the weekend I started to bleed... Not really heavy, no clotting. On the monday I was still bleeding, and it was just like a period. I just presumed I miscarried, and tried to get over it... But couldn't. I done two more tests, one pos and one neg... Confussing... 2 more... Both neg! Gutted! But now I'm starting to feel pregnant... Nipples quite tender, feeling sick ect. Do you think I'm making myself feel like this? Or has anyone else had anything similar still been pregnant? xx

Hello. Yes, I bled from 5 weeks til 16 weeks but must admit tests were always positive- worth going to drs to check and see how things go. We had to wait til 7 weeks for a scan as earliest they can see anything and weren't expecting to see little one there as I'd lost clots and everything. Bleeding is actually more common than you think. Hope all turns out well for you. Good luck
:)

I agree - ask a doctor to do a blood test maybe to see if HGC levels tie up with how pregnant you should have been bny now. I hope it all works out and thinking of you xxx

You can bleed around the time AF is due, but it may be worth going to the GP and seeing what they suggest?
:hug:

Sorry to hear what you're going through. You need to wait a while before you can get a reliable test result after a bleed because if you have lost the beby your hgc levels will still be high for a few days which will give a positive result. When I had my first mc the early pregnany unit told me to wait 10 days before doing a test. I know false positives are a lot less likely than false negatives, once I'd had a negative pregnancy test the dr told me that this meant I was definitely no longer pregnant, but I think you should definitely go to the dr and get it checked out. Bleeding in early pregnancy is very common and things can still be fine.

Whatever happens we're here for you on the forum if you need us xx

Thanx, it's all a bit weird, in my head I know I've lost it, but my body feels like it's trying to tell me otherwise... Plus my OH keeps saying that it will all be fine, and that his baby is fine. I'm also feeling really guilty, because, even though we already have a little one, he really wants this baby, and I feel like it's me that's done something wrong! I know I haven't and there is nothing I can do, but horrible feeling like it!
Thanks for the replies ladies :) xxxx

Jenni,

Really sorry your having these problems, yes I agree with the girls worth going to the docs to talk about it and get there opinions. I do agree it can take a while for the hormone levels to go down to get a negative.

There is still a chance that all is well, but try not to get your hopes up incase

Wishing you luck, let us know how you get on , and we are here if you need us all.

Jenni X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back