40 week hospital appointment today. Updated x

I know that a lot of ladies who are induced do have epidurals from reading on here, but there have been others who have managed ok without. I guess part of it can be the length of time it can take and that you are more likely to be exhausted but they should never just tell you to expect it. I'd be really miffed with that.

I would expect that you'll have your LO before, just think - it really could be any minute it starts!! xxx

I'd suggest having the epi! I was induced by peasantry and then by drip and hell I needed it! I was in for 4 days and having the epi meant I could get some sleep and rest up a bit!

i think if i have to be induced i will be asking for an epi...x

Hey ladies i was induced and i didnt need an epi. I say just go in with an open mind as you dont know how long its going to take or how ur going to be iykwim xx

What ever happens you are going to see your little bubba very soon. Soooo exciting!!! I hope things happen naturally for you as I would love a water birth also. Either way hope all goes well, good luck hunni x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies to be honest i refused to tell my OH what they had said when he finished work i just went upstairs and cryed. I calmed down a bit now but i had it in my head im not going to get anything i wanted and that its going to be a bad labour and i will need the epi. I was so so upset just blubbed. Got better now realised it may not be needed and im off to see mw to get her to go into more detail about my options. Thanks for the advice and kind thoughts ladies xx

Awwwww sorry you're upset hon... I so hope the LO gets a wriggle on by themselves. And some babies don't engage until labour anyway so don't worry about that as even if they engage early you can be late and vice versa. Lovely about the scan though... how do you feel about the possibility of a dingaling?

Im convinced it was a todger but i supose we will know soon enough, its ok i dont really mind what sex it is... little bit wanted a girl but if its a boy im sure i will be fine!
Im a lot happier now decided i will just have to get this baby out on its own!! 12 days is a long time for things to happen so i just have my fx that it happens.
I was so upset just because i felt like its been a waste of time me going for these scan's and appointments etc if they dont do anything different anyway. xx

It might sound weird - but I prepared myself for a worst casescenario - induction, all the drugs, emergency C section and when I hadan epidural and ventouse it was a bonus iykwim.

I wouldnt say no to an epidural if they put a drip in though, thats why he mentioned it i think.

But if you dont need it, you might still get a water birth.

Best bit of advice i got is dont set youself on particular scenario - you will get your baba in the end, thats wshat matters x

I was seeing a consultant as well but they discharged me so to speak and i went into labour on my own

Last edited:
I know he will have said it because he thinks i will need it but i really dont want it. Im terrified of it to be honest. Its hard not to plan birth a certain way when they have you making a birth plan with the midwife, i tryed not to but have done. At the end of the day i know they can't make me go to hospital or do anything i dont want so im going to ask my midwife my options.

I know he will have said it because he thinks i will need it but i really dont want it. Im terrified of it to be honest. Its hard not to plan birth a certain way when they have you making a birth plan with the midwife, i tryed not to but have done. At the end of the day i know they can't make me go to hospital or do anything i dont want so im going to ask my midwife my options.
Make sure your birth partner know what you want but its perfectly ok to change your mind during the labour, if you feel you are not coping - take the drugs lol. Gas and air was quite nice esp in the beginning. I didnt drink the whole pregnancy so feeling drunk was ace:roll:

Try not to think about it too much, concentrate on your baby - every contraction means you are closer toseeing your lo.

Is your mw the one delivering too?

No she isn't just who ever is at the hospital.
To be honest i have a major fear of needles and having the drip up terrifies me.
I dont know how i will cope, i have said i will take all drugs that are not a needle lol, i have said i may change my mind but who knows. my MW said that it doesnt hurt having the epi any more than a contraction but its not the pain i dont like its actual fear, like a spider doesnt hurt but people scared of them wouldnt want one on there body. Its hard to explain to doctors tho how scared you are, my worst fear is been hooked up to a drip on the bed not able to move because im numb, to me they may as well give me anethetic and cut it out if im going to be like that.

You see, i dont like needles or spiders but i was begging for sn epi. I couldnt feel anything at all, contractions are 1000 times worse for me but i am a wimp. I know ladies though who managed on g&a though.
I had mobile epidural though so i could move, not bad at all.
Good luck, hope the baby decides to come out soon

sent from my Galaxy s2

Thanks im going to ask the midwife what i can do and my options, dont get me wrong i may be begging for it but i dont want it building up into something im dreading iykwim. I hope my midwife can suggest how we can get things moving on there own so its not an issue! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back