40 week hospital appointment today. Updated x

redbear

Reaction score
Fingers crossed that if they are going to induce its sooner rather than later.
My midwife doesn't think they will let me go more than a week over, but you know what they like MW will say one thing and consultant another.
I think if i just know a date i will be happy it gives me something to count down to.
I'm a bit excited really :) x

Last edited:
Oh good luck :) hope it goes well and you get a day for your induction! xx

do you think you'll get a sweep today? Ask for one! :) Hope all goes well

Ive not even thought about a sweep... i will see what she says she is really good and very 'pro natural' and didnt want to induce so i think if she can get the baby out with a sweep she will xx

Ohh I got everything crossed for you Hun!xx

Fx that your appt went well and you got somewhere with it :)
xx

Well i did and didnt.
They did a scan on baby which was nice and unexpected and everything looked good, i think i saw a willy tho before i told him that i didnt know what sex it is.
He has booked me in for the 31st 12 days over when my midwife didnt think i should go that far over, He also said i would probably need an epidural which i didnt want and would not be able to have a water birth i wanted. So i have been a bit upset really.
He didnt write how engaged i am so bit gutted i dont know, he also said to get midwife to give me a sweep next week. Hoefully things start on there own soon so i can have the birth i want xx

Get bouncing, bding and everything else. Hope you don't have to wait that long xxxxxxxxx

Im going to try my best to start things on my own... I will be eating raw chillies before the 31st x

why did he say you would need an epi.....?x

Hope things start on there own and you get your water birth.
Maybe the MW could request one sooner? x

I dont know he didnt mention any other pain relif just said he thought i would need one and i said well i dont want one really and he just didnt say anything. Im making an appointment with my MW to talk to her anyway and get a sweep booked in. Maybe she can explain better.
He was explaining how they induce and said they put a drip in and i would probably need an epidural - made it sound like at the same time. :S:S

I really hope that things start of their own accord before 31st hun. Think it odd that they tell you you will prob need epi? Surely that's up to you and ow wll you cope?xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back