4/5 engaged

Squeakz

Reaction score
im really confused as to what it means?! i've read in some places that it means i have 1/5 to go and then in some places that i have 4/5 to go......

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

xx

hey hun....

Just found this while searching the web:

When recording engagement on your pregnancy records, usually the amount of the baby's head that is felt by the caregiver's hand is measured and written down, providing a guide as to how much of the baby's head is engaged in the pelvis. As a guide: " If 5 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as 5/5 palpable or 'unengaged'. If 4 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '4/5' palpable or 1/5 engaged. If 3 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '2/5' palpable or 2/5 engaged. If 2 finger widths of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '2/5' palpable or 3/5 engaged. If 1 finger width of your baby's head is felt, it is written as '1/5' palpable or 4/5 engaged. If your baby's head cannot be felt it is written as 'fully engaged' or 'not palpable'.....

Hope that helps....:) xx

thanks my dear! so basically means he just just starting to poke down there!!!! and shouldn't get overly excited lol!!! xxx

lol i think thats what it means ;)....dont worry...still your on ur way...not long to go now hey...im jealous...still got ages :(...mwah xx

i know, in all honesty its nice knowing that he is actually starting to move that way, even if he moves out of place lol!! it goes really quickly though!! cant believe where the weeks have gone they've just disappeared!!! do you kow what you're having!? x

lol i agree it does seem to rush past....but really anxious to see lil one now....they r sayin boy...but keepin options open as have heard so many stories of them getting it wrong! :wall2:....hope ur doin well xx

I thought 4/5ths engaged meant that 4/5ths was in the correct position for birth and you're just waiting for the last 1/5th to enter?

I thought 4/5ths engaged meant that 4/5ths was in the correct position for birth and you're just waiting for the last 1/5th to enter?
Thats what I always thought!! and 4/5th of it is engaged in there....I duno tho, thats just what I thought lol xx

see i dunno either!! i thought i did know exactly then looked online and it said a mixture of things, and looked in a few other forums to see if there was anything concise and it all just seems to not be very clear!!!

im just gonna have to double check with the midwife next time!
if they got it wrong and we're actually going to have a girl then shes got a lot of blue to wear pmsl!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back