3rd cycle of clomid failed

jazzy2

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
well i've finished my 3rd cycle of clomid, went for my day 12 scan on tuesday to be told not much is going on so come back on friday and we can inject you to make you ovulate. So, i go back yesterday to be told that the folicles havent matured and theres nothing they can do now so just have to try again next month. Has anybody else been told that your body can "get used" to it?

Anyway as if that wasnt bad enough she then went on to ask me why i've been coming for scans every month when i dont need to, you would have thought sombody would have said somthing before the 6th scan wouldnt you, so i left in a huff, had to walk in the rain back to the car and then burst into tears as soon as somebody at work asked how it went!

on the up side they did give me a digital clear blue ovulation test for nothing which i was quite impressed with :) xxx

Seems a bit odd that one minute they will inject you then the next they wont. What dosage of clomid are you on?

I'd be chuffed with a free test too haha!

xx

yea thats what i thought, it was two different nursers that i saw so im guessing its just a matter of their opinion and the way they work. I'm currently on 50mg but she told me to up the dose next month to 100mg i think. The whole thing is doing my nut in at the moment xx

I'm on 50mg and it appears to have done bugger all!! Cant wait to go back on monday for my next appointment!

xx

50 did little for me either :eek:(
100 seems the way forward lol x
Keep your chin up, easier said than done I know but I'm sure the sadness and stress works against us.
X

Is there anyway u can speak to ur consultant and see what she/he thinks. Its all well and good nurses offering opinions but they don't know your full history.

that true itisbabytime, i hadnt actually thought of that, i was just so annoyedand upset that i just left with out really asking anything. i think ill be giving them a call to get some answers.

from what some of you have said 100mg seems thhe way forward, pass me the drugs lol :0) xxx

Hey Jazzy, sorry you were upset. Its a bit annoying when you seem to get muxed stories from different nurses etc. as itsababy suggested maube contact the consultant for clarification. If 50mg of clomid doesnt work then the increased dise of 100 mg is definetly the next step. When I did up to the 100mg I had to go for a cd 12 scan though to check follicle sizes and that there was no over stimulation!

Good Luck!

Hi jazzy sorry clomid hasnt worked this month, it's not a great place to be in is it? My consultant told me that sometimes people can initially respond well to a dose, then might stop responding, it's just one of those things. But if they will increase it to 100mg next cycle you'll be all good!
I am starting 100mg after inducing AF again so we can all be 100mg buddies xxx

Yup 3 failed 50mg - 4th on 100 got me to OV and show on OPKs - 5th I went into mild OHSS :/

thankx for your replies!

its frustrating as i thought it was going well and then all of a sudden i've stopped responding but i guess its just one of those things. should be starting 100mg next cycle so fingers crossed for that one. we should keep each other updated on how we get along with i :) its nice to know theres people out there who're in the same boat xx

Sorry it hasn't worked yet, but fingers crossed 100mg will be just the trick and get things going - good luck X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back