3d scans by NHS? with pics now!!

elliej

Reaction score
hiya all. have just had my 21 week scan, and im in team PINK!
as we are going though all this in France i dont really know much about the process so i was really suprised to get a handful of 3d pics too! i was just wondering if you lot get 3d scans by the NHS now because i thought you had to go private and pay for them and assumed it would be the same here so im really chuffed.

Ellie

Hi Ellie! :wave: Congratulations on team PINK!! :cheer:

Wow you lucky thing getting 3D pics! As far as I know, that doesn't happen over here, you just get your bog standard 2D ones, black and white.

Congrats again! :hug: xx

Ooooh my gosh I'm going to go and claim my dual nationality now!!! :wall: (My family are French but I was born here!)

NO we don't get them! How lucky!! And congrats on team PINK xx

Congrats on team pink :cheer:

And yay on your 3D pics, I would love to see them :)

I've heard you get free nappies whilst in hospital for the birth in France, they sound as though they have a very high level of maternity/antenatel care there :D

Hi there,

In some circumstances if you are very very lucky the NHS 20 week scan will give you a free 3D pic but thats if you ask and they can get a good profile of your baby apart from that you have to pay privately.

I was really lucky I think with my son they gave me 2 free 3D pics it could be one.. they are in his keep safe box in the loft as we decorating!

I am asking the sonographer who gave me my last pics to have one of this baby if I can too :p as I know she will be scanning me.

Congratulations on your little girl Ellie! :cheer: Bet you can't wait to meet her! NHS up here can only afford to give us a 12week scan, so don't think they'll be offering us 3D ones anytime soon! :(

All the best,

Sarah x

Great to hear your scan went well and congratulations on joining Team Pink :D Some UK hospitals do have 3/4D scans, but I don't know which, but generally its 2D here :)

On the nappies note you mentioned Mildly, you can get free nappies in UK hospitals as far as I'm aware, it was brought ion a year or so ago, but you have to ask for them. I know you get free ready made formula for your stay, but obviously ask before assuming, its not something I've looked into recently :)

Congratulations on team pink hun :D It's great news that you got your 3d pictures too, we only get the 2d black and white ones on nhs here, have to pay for 3/4d scans.

Xxx

hi really chuffed with the serice over here so far, apart from the fact the antenatal classes are too awkward times for me to attend.
hope fully here are the pics

EllieJ-us2020.jpg

EllieJ-us2017.jpg

wow i cant believe thats NHS !!! wootwoo go u ! Congrats on the 3d pinkage hun !

Aww she is beautiful!! :D:D
I have heard in the past that having your baby in France is the best place to have you baby as the level of care and benefits etc are brilliant! I want to move to France! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back