39 week MW appt

hellywelly

Reaction score
Managed a whole 8 mins in with her this time!! The further along I get the shorter my appts are! lol

BP and urine all fine, as was baby's heartbeat, and measuring 39cm so am bang on. Booked in for a sweep on Wed 11th April when I'll be 40+5 if baby hasn't arrived by then, and apparently if that doesn't work I can request another one at the weekend at the postnatal clinic, after that I'll be booked for an induction on the 18th!! Please come out by then baby!!!

Asked about the baby's head and apparently I'm 4/5 palpable, and I said quite a way to go then and she said not to go by that as she had a woman who was 4/5 a few months ago who then had her baby the next day!! Apparently it's all down to individual babies again and there's no set pattern. Made me feel better about the COMPLETE lack of symptoms I have to indicate bub's arrival (e.g. no Braxton Hicks, no tightening, no foof pain etc!!)

Roll on April!!!

Maybe your pelvis is not a very stylish hat lol. Fx you don't have to wait all that time hunny, do you have an eviction plan? xxxxxxxxx

Well, have picked up my reflexology sessions to once a week and starting to stimulate ovaries tomorrow apparently!! Don't like the idea of the cod liver oil :( Gone right off spicy food since getting pregnant so curry out and worry OH would need mountineering gear to climb aboard me right now I'm so huge!! What do you know about EPO??? And is pineapple another theory?? Thinking of digging the mini trampoline out of the garage and bouncing baby out!!!

Lol, epo softens the cervix helping it to dilate easier so always worth taking imo. I am eating pineapple but papaya and kiwi also have the same effect, there's an enzyme in them that works apparently....I can feel a tropical fruit smoothie coming on lol. I started rubbing clary sage oil into my bump this morning but honestly it smells like a skunk has taken a dump in my lounge so might give this a miss lol. Get the OH into doggy position :D

Is there a specific dose of EPO to take?? Will pop and get some at the weekend. Think I might pass on the clary sage!! OH up for anything he can get at the mo - how the hell blokes can find women the shape of weebles attractive is beyond me but he seems to love the preggo look!!! ha ha!!!

I got 1000mg epo and take 3 a day. You can also put them up your foof but I aint Stretch Armstrong lol

Sounds like your appointment went exactly the same as mine did!

I've had no pains either :( let's hope our babs just take a long time to get going and then come out really quick lol

Good luck hun, it's days like this that make you want to have your baby out so you can relax and enjoy it together instead of as one xx

My midwife see's me for 5 mins every time, I had my 38 week appt today, my next one isn't until 40 weeks now if I haven't had the baby by then. I said to her when do I do my birth plan and she said you don't really need to do one as the midwife will go through everything when you are in labour....ha great how organised these midwives are xxx

ooh helly i'm back on the 10th april although i had no discussion about sweeps or eviction dates of pip hasnt made an appearance by then!!

So hope i don't have to be induced..bt like her story about the 4/5 engaged lady...but i've got it in my head i'm having an April baby, so anyday from ~monday will be fine for me...but to be honest i don't feel anything like to go into labour!!

Me neither!! In fairness, I feel I could have done a full week at work this week and last!!! lol. Am hoping I'm a really lucky lady and I just cough and a baby drops out of me!!! ha ha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back