38 week midwife appointment

Olive

Reaction score
I had my 38 week mw appointment today, although I'm 39 weeks on Monday.

My BP is slightly raised so she wants me to go to day care at the hospital on Monday so that they can monitor it for an hour. My urine was fine and she took bloods again just to be safe.

She said if my BP was really bad she'd send me straight to triage, but it's apparently it's not bad enough to and I've not had any headaches or anything, so just to take it easy.

He's not engaged :wall: I'm so disappointed. She said it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but still...booo! I so wanted him to be.

I'm to see her again next week, but there are no appointments :roll: so I'm to call Monday and if there are no cancellations, call triage and arrange a mw appointment there.

It's funny, it's now at the stage where it's like, "if you haven't gone into labour, I'll see you in a week" :shock: although she said that 2 weeks ago lol.

Have the feeling I may be waiting a while. Hope not, but we'll see.

Measuring 40 weeks so not 3 weeks ahead this time :dance:

She looked pretty horrified at my inflammed :roll: stretchmarks. I picked up the cream from the chemist the doc prescribed and it says not to use when pregnant or on inflammed skin!! So maybe give that a miss and stick with the e45. FFS.

x

Last edited:
Just read your post. I know I text but just to say that's shocking about the cream you got given for your itchy stretchmarks not to be used when pregnant!! Wtf is the point in that?

It must be strange for you that any day now could be the day you give birth :lol: :dance:

Ah thanks for replying chick :hug: Yeah I know crazy eh?

Hope you enjoyed your chippy!

X

sorry it didn't go your way :( is baby head down? at least then he can engage when you go into labour and you don't have to worry about breech x

Thanks Kerry. Yeah he's head down thank god. She didn't seem that concerned that he wasn't engaged but I just so wanted him to be as thought it would be a good sign that he's ready. xx

I know what you mean, it's almost like a mini milestone! well the silver lining is he's head down and to big to turn now x I think he'll surprise you and be here before the end of next week x

Oh I hope so Kerry, that's a nice thought! :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back