• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

38 week appt

first timer

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I had my 38 week GP appt this morning, and as usual the check was really quick (blood pressure, urine test, measurement of tummy and listen to baby's heartbeat) - I was in and out within 5 minutes. Anyway, the GP said I didnt now need another appt until I see the midwife at just after 40 weeks.

I thought that from 36 weeks onwards they see you every week to keep a check on things? Is anyone else only having appts every 2 weeks this late on? Maybe it's just my area..?

Baby is due on the 15th - though im hoping it arrives a bit earlier! This last few weeks are taking AGES!!!

I have just had my 36 weeks app and she wants to see me in 2 weeks not one which is what i thought.

Maybe if everything is ok they dont need to.

xx

I think I was supposed to have MW appointments every week after 38 weeks. I think it really depends on the area and I'm sure if they were worried about anything they'd have you in sooner.

I had fortnightly appointments after 36 weeks until 40. My next appointment isn't for another 8 days. I guess if there isn't any complications you don't need monitoring so much :)

From 28 weeks mine went like this;

28 weeks
32 weeks
34 weeks
36 weeks
38 weeks
40 weeks
41 weeks
(and I've seen a few docs etc at the hospital re induction & sweeps etc since then)

Hope that helps :hug: xxx

I only see mine every 2 weeks. Don't worry about it hun, if everything is going how it should then they don't need to see you too often I don't think :hug:

wow dannii you had loads of appointments :) mine have never been regular throughout the whole pregnancy so i wouldnt worry if they think all is well they obviously dont think there is any need for them to see you... afterall the midwife does most of the work anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back