36 week hospital appointment this morning

Annie050408

Reaction score
The appointment at the hospital went well and bub's head is now 1/5th engaged so all looks good. I am measuring at 37 weeks and the doctor was really pleased with the growth scan and said everything looked great. All being well I should only have 2 more appointments; midwife in 2 weeks and then if I make it to my due date then I have been booked in on 12th October (40+1) for a sweep.

The only thing that has just occurred to me is that I've still not discussed a birth plan with anyone - I thought it would be done today. It's no big deal as I'll probably just give birth at my local hospital and am going to hand write a very short birth plan to put in my hospital bag but it did strike me as strange that nobody has brought this up yet. Anyone else had this?

Glad your appointment went well :)

With my first i didnt have a birth plan till 2 days before my due date, just mention it to your midwife when you next see her

i dont know if you have to bring it up yourself maybe?? or later on discuss it? x

Glad the appointment went well! I can't remember when I did my birth plan with Lacey but mention it to m/w when you see her next x x

I didn't have a birth plan with my first x this time my mw suggested I write a rough draft and then she said she'll go over it with me when she comes to discuss home birth x If you already know what you want then I'd write it now

thats great news that everything is well!
My mw has not brought it up yet, i did tho last time i saw her but we didnt speak much about it.

Ooh i have my 36 wk m/w appointment this afternoon and am extremely nervous.....is that normal?!?!

My mat notes had a page in it that the mw went through with me, like a checklist of stuff that happens during labour, as she was going through it I handed her my birthplan and she like cross referenced it but even if you haven't written it down yet I would assume the same checklist is in your notes?? Might be different for different areas though. I would def raise with mw though, mine was really good with suggestions and advice about things.

my midwife never went through the birth plan with me i had few pages in my notes which i filled in myself x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back