34 weeks and freaking out

Jones

Reaction score
ok well im getting freaked out a liklt....urmmmm basically im finishing work in 3 weeks and wondering what the hell im gona be doing with my time once im on meternity leave=offcourse il av a baby but i dont want to live in a closet and ddo nothing but stay in house take baby for a walk, and see friends ...say once week when their free...il go insane??? im getting worried...errrrrr?????? im in my early twenties and scared this is a massive change i wont be doing no where near the same liifestyle activities i was doing b4....any1 help? err and feel the same? im used to work fulltime.....and now i wont be working at all for 9 months......@s xxx

I was the same but I'm never bored! Just been to baby massage, got a coffee group tomorrow, swimming on Friday and I always slot some shopping in!! Check out your local childrens centres they have tonnes of things to do xx

really? i feel bit nervous joining baby groups? id need look into it..dunno what goes on in my area lol. whats baby massage? xx

I go to "mums and tots" two days a week. Basically its in a church hall and they have tons of toys and ride-ons for the kids to play, then they get juice and snacks while the mums get tea and toast made for them. Excellent social time for DD and me.

It's good your thinking about that already, have a look of what's in your area and get info. There are usually things like baby massage, baby swimming pool sessions etc. So before you know it, you'll be out most days.

im really nervous il stick out like a sore thumb......................im 23....lol i feel young...sorry im moaning...got all these thoughts whizzing about!!!!!

ok well im getting freaked out a liklt....urmmmm basically im finishing work in 3 weeks and wondering what the hell im gona be doing with my time once im on meternity leave=offcourse il av a baby but i dont want to live in a closet and ddo nothing but stay in house take baby for a walk, and see friends ...say once week when their free...il go insane??? im getting worried...errrrrr?????? im in my early twenties and scared this is a massive change i wont be doing no where near the same liifestyle activities i was doing b4....any1 help? err and feel the same? im used to work fulltime.....and now i wont be working at all for 9 months......@s xxx

Check your local childrens centre and see what activities they do for babies. Mine do LOADS! So I plan on going to these on a weekly basis - i've planned wednesday, thurs and fri (baby massage, baby bounce, health visitor advice session to weigh babs and check he is ok and breastfeeding support where babies are welcome) then on either the monday or tuesday me and my friend are going to take our babies swimming, then have coffee/lunch each week. That leaves 1 day a week where I will no doubt enjoy having Mummy and Baby time at home and catching up on chores!

im really nervous il stick out like a sore thumb......................im 23....lol i feel young...sorry im moaning...got all these thoughts whizzing about!!!!!

I'm 26, not much difference! Once you go a few times you'll be fine. Try taking someone with you maybe?

sounds good...but daunting!!!!! .....................i feel il be the youngest person there. my partner will be working during the week as will rest of my fmaily...i will see my friends but again they r working so il be looking at going on my own i think.....!!!! LOL i got a growth scan 2moro...after a nite shfit pah! :( my babys measuring 28cms by the midwife....yet when they took a growth scan the week b4 she was on target :s confused.com they want me to eat more cakes lool

sounds good...but daunting!!!!! .....................i feel il be the youngest person there. my partner will be working during the week as will rest of my fmaily...i will see my friends but again they r working so il be looking at going on my own i think.....!!!! LOL i got a growth scan 2moro...after a nite shfit pah! :( my babys measuring 28cms by the midwife....yet when they took a growth scan the week b4 she was on target :s confused.com they want me to eat more cakes lool

You are hardly the youngest mum ever! There are 17 and 18 years olds who have toddlers at my children's centre.

It seems to me you lack in confidence etc, and I think the finest thing for you would be to actually go along to these things to meet new friends. Of course you will still keep your other friends, but having a baby is an ideal opportunity for you to meet people who you have things in common with - a baby!

You can always take someone with you on your first time there. When m,y baby arrives hubby and me are just bonding for the first 2 weeks, then my mum is coming for 1 week while hubby goes back to work. On that week I'm going to take my Mum with me so that i'll feel fine about going the next week on my own with babs.

I wouldn't worry, everyone is in the same boat as you. Age is not important, it's your baby who is and who will be the centre of attention - not how young/old the mum is - i think you're being very silly woman!!! :rotfl:

I'm feeling a bit nervous about feeling isolated too. But there are cafes and club things you can do - look on the NCT website, I don't think you have to be a member to join things (hope not, cos I'm not, lol!) like walks in the park and tea in cafes in your area.

There might be people on here you could meet up with too.

iused to go to totsgroups at 20 with 1 child and 22 with 2 kids, so younger than you and there was all sorts of ages, now i am on my 6th and will feel like one of the old mums at 34. but teh kids love it and the adult get to chat with other adults i find its great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back